Food & Beverage Development Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Convenience Store Chain
JOB DESCRIPTION_MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:_
* _LOCATED IN OR ABLE TO RELOCATE TO LA PLATA MD AREA_
* 5+ years experience in products and disciplines within merchandising programs
* Strong marketing background, which focuses on identifying customer's needs
* Strong communication skills to include written and verbal
* Strong interpersonal skills to effectively incorporate programs and disciplines
* Undergraduate Degree in Business Adminstration or Marketing Required
* Prior experience with Wholefoods, Wagemans, Panera Bread
* Looking for a millennial with strong operations and marketingexperience to develop strategies.
* Will be responsible for building new stores, determine how the layout should be, what kind of food, etc.
* This person has to be innovative and creative in order to create a unique experience for the customers.
In this role, the Food & Beverage Development Manager is responsible for providing input to the company's overall brand strategy for the Project, developing menu concepts and items, and building the business case for proposed concepts to support new convenience store. This position utilizes consumer and trend research as the basis for proposed new menu and beverage concepts to appeal to target audience. The Food & Beverage Development Manager manages major projects involving the development and execution of important new concepts or products including procurement and supply chain management. The Food & Development Manager is responsible for driving category management principles through the application of strong, proactive data analytics and consumer/shopper insights. The Manager will provide compelling presentations and other information in support of sales and category growth and guidance to other Category Management team members. This person will own the food category management strategy and is accountable for developing relationships at the vendor and customer level.
* Develop food service and beverage strategies and business plans to grow categorysales and brand market share
* Conduct brand, segment and category analysis to evaluate performance against business objectives, identify competitive threats, and highlight product strengths/weaknesses.
* Work with design and construction teams for front and back of house development to support menu execution and effective merchandising
* Effectively negotiate with vendors to procure best costing and service for brand execution
* Develop and maintain forecast/inventories of food and beverage items and recommends pricing structures to achieve competitive gross margins
* Educate the franchisee and operations team how to achieve superior execution through establishment of standards, job aides, recipe guides and supporting training.
* Keeps abreast of consumer and industry insights that can be used to develop more powerful consumer communications, brand programming and product evolutions.
* Analyzes syndicated Nielsen and data, as well as internal metrics, in order to track performance of the brand and inform operations and marketing team decisions.
* Use trend, market and consumer research to identify and convincingly propose growth opportunities for brands and implement product initiatives to drive volume, share & profitability
* Be the expert and thought leader of the food and beverage category / lead discussions with retail partner to drive category growth.
* Partner on the establishment and alignment of annual brand plan and long-term strategic plan with specific focus on objectives, strategies, and tactics for assigned products groups
* Ensures continued sales and gross profit contribution through quality marketing strategy and effective execution of the strategy.
* Analyze and evaluate demographic profiles and consumer purchasing behavior in individual account/categories and groups of accounts/ categories.
* Ensures that the integrity of the "brand" is maintained to the standards of our brand and vendor partners.
* Identifies new business opportunities for new products, re-launches, packaging changes, range extensions and proposes initial plans to exploit these opportunities.
* Develops, communicates, implements and coordinates all non-foods promotions. Participates in all national programs that are suitable for Project Echo.
* Cooperates with community to enhance the company's image.
* Strives to get maximum efficiency from our programs, advertising, and promotions.
* Participates in annual sales, gross profit, EVA planning through the budgetary process, and commits to the attainment of same.
* Assist in requests by senior management for information/presentation to support strategy, drive sales & execute of category vision.
* Liaises with internal departments and external agencies to ensure full communication and success of marketing plans.