Food, Drug, and Mass Sales Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Benton Harbor, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 97,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2015. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. We earn the trust of consumers around the globe by focusing on what matter most. Because of our leadership practices, development opportunities, business performance, strong reputation and a commitment to the communities where we live and work, Whirlpool Corporation has received many awards including - Fortune Magazine's Top Companies for Leaders, one of the world's Most Admired Companies, Fast Company's Top 50 Most Innovative Companies and we've had a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index for over 11 years in a row.
This position is located at our global headquarters in Saint Joseph and Benton Harbor, Michigan - a breathtaking vacation community on 40 miles of Lake Michigan beachfront, where swimming, sailing, kayaking, waterskiing, boating, and beach volleyball are abundant. The company is host to a variety of employee resource groups, including a Young Professionals Network - a group of more than 700 local members who are active in corporate social responsibility commitments like Habitat for Humanity, Cook for the Cure, United Way, Boys and Girls Club, and other social activities. A quick 90-minute drive from Chicago, Southwest Michigan is also home to a new Jack Nicklaus signature golf course called Harbor Shores, 17 other public golf courses, nearly 20 wineries, two art districts, many seasonal festivals, outdoor concerts and events all year long. Join us in making the most of moments that matter.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a FOOD, DRUGS AND MAAS SALES MANAGER opening to join our CONSUMER PRODUCTS ORGANIZATION.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The FDM Sales Manager will manage channels within the CPG sales portfolio including grocery, drug, and regional mass retailers. This candidate own the customer relationship, including buyer management, sales targets, and strategic development. The role requires an innovative, visionary leader who can grow our Consumer Products business and take market share within this channel. This candidate will have a solid background in CPG sales or category management. Experience with Walmart, Target, grocery or drug retailers is preferred. Experience managing broker relationships is a plus.
Primary Responsibilities include:
* Own the creation and execution of the CPG sales strategy within responsible accounts/channels
* Act as an expert in the FDM business by having thorough knowledge of competition, market trends, suggested retail pricing and promotional opportunities and threats. Communicate this knowledge internally to appropriate departments to maximize selling opportunities
* Responsible for hitting monthly sales plan and increasing Sales volume within responsible accounts/channels
* Develop the Marketing plan for responsible accounts/channel and execute it with the buyers
* Develop joint business plans with responsible accounts and assist broker team to develop customer business plans
* Expand the customer base (new retailers)
* Expand product listings and points of distribution within the current customer base
* Manage internal relationships with Product Development, Operations, Supply Chain and Finance
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Bachelor's Degree is required, MBA a plus
* 3+ years of Customer Management experience within FDM channels and Mass Merchant Channel (i.e. Walmart, Target), 5+ preferred
* 3+ years of relevant CPG experience to include some combination of: Customer Marketing, Trade Marketing, or Category Management
* Prior corporate buying experience with Walmart, Target, Grocery, or other FDM retailers preferred
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.