Food Safety Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Tree Top Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Food Safety Technician is responsible for preparing and testing batch samples and ensuring consistency, quality, and safety attributes are met. Position communicates with sales and management team; maintains concise documentation; and provides technical support to customers. In addition, position completes necessary paperwork and other specialized tasks as needed.
This position reports to the Food Safety Supervisor and does not supervise staff. This position works closely with all departments and employees within NW Naturals, customers and co-manufacturing facilities.
(The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this position. NW Naturals may augment duties, including essential functions, at its discretion.)
* Prepare and test batch samples in a Lab or Pilot Plant.Decide what ingredients and level are required to create finished products that meet a customer s need.Test samples for consistency, quality, and safety attributes in order to define product specification ranges.Communicate updates with sales and management team.
* Organize and maintain raw materials needed to prepare customer samples.Accurately process orders in a timely manner to ensure raw materials are available when needed.Evaluate samples of raw materials and make recommendation on purchases.
* Provide technical support to internal and external customers regarding batch samples or technical documents.Develop and maintain professional relationships.
* Complete paperwork needed to complete orders and samples.Ensure paperwork is accurate and completed in a timely manner.
* Complete specialized tasks in communication with management as necessary.Gather data and information.Serve as a back-up to the Food Safety Supervisor as needed, such as: researching and addressing customer complaints; reviewing and/or completing incident reports and certifications; and assisting with SQF standards.
* Have regular attendance and work appropriate number of hours to get the essential functions completed.
* Perform under the Working Conditions described below.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
* Lab and pilot equipment, including process equipment and process and product testing requirements.
* Sound understanding of food science discipline.
* General understanding of food laws and regulations.
* Mathematics and scientific weights and measurements.
* Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
* Duplicate formulas and make changes to existing formulas to meet target flavor profile.
* Accurately document formulas, specifications, and operating procedures.
* Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Accurately perform mathematical and scientific calculations.
* Maintain confidential and sensitive information.
* Effectively organize, plan, and execute.
* Use computers and computer software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
* Meet behaviors established in NW Naturals performance management and development process.
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION/LICENSES, AND TRAINING:
* A Bachelor s degree in a science-related discipline is highly preferred.
* Minimum of one year of experience in food science, focusing on preparing and testing samples and ensuring quality of food products.
* Prior training and/or experience in HACCP and GFSI is preferred.
* Constantly works in an office and lab environments and occasionally has exposures to a manufacturing/plant environment
* Constantly deals with highly confidential information
* Occasionally travels, including overnight stays, to other worksites, for off-site meetings, and for training purposes
* Physical requirements of the job:
* Frequently lifts up to 10 pounds and occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds
* Vision requirements: Constantly uses near vision and color vision
* Constantly talks, stands, uses repetitive hand motions, listens/uses hearing, and/or tastes/smells
* Occasionally walks, reaches, or sits
* Types of exposures encountered: Occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, odors or fumes, and/or loud machine/equipment noise
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this job with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the department/division to accommodate the limitation.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send your resume to Twyla DelPozzi at email@example.com