Food Service Assistant, Evenings
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
SUMMARY: Performs a variety of duties in the kitchen, patient tray line and retail areas. Assists in cleaning of dishes, trash removal, mopping of floors, and cleaning as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Demonstrates the ICARE values.
2. Practices good customer service at all times.
3. Works in various assigned areas of the kitchen, patient tray line and retail.
3. Maintains floor stocks
4. Covers, labels and dates all food items as required.
5. Maintains proper storage and sanitation of all items in storage, refrigerators and freezers. Maintains proper sanitation of work area and equipment.
6. Assemble and delivers floor stock orders as needed.
7. Uses and follows all safety techniques in handling of equipment.
8. Follows all safety rules while on the job.
9. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding hazards identified in the work place.
10. Demonstrates team work with fellow employees in tray line area.
11. Professionally communicates to management, co-works and patients appropriately.
12. Follows all inter-departmental Policy & Procedures and Safety Rules throughout assigned shift.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma or GED equivalent. or 2 years of experience in lieu of education.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Previous Hospital experience preferred. Knowledge of food service equipment and sanitation standards.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: N/A
WORKING ENVIRONMENT : Extensive walking and standing. Some lifting of up to 50 lbs. Operates potentially hazardous equipment such as mixers, ovens, steamers, meat slicer, fryers, charbroilers and cleaning chemicals. Must adhere to Food and Nutrition standards of appearance and strictly comply with the City of Houston Food Ordinances.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.