Food Service Assistant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Summary
Responsible for room service to all patients and guests. Assists in assembling and delivering trays to the patient`s room for patients and guests. Assists in picking up trays from rooms and the cleaning of trays and utensils. Responsible for cleaning all pots and pans in station.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assemble trays for delivery to patients and guests. Cleaning and replenish of trays and utensils.
2. Provide attentive and courteous service to the patient`s guests and staff.
3. Communicates with Manager or Specialist any special requests of patients or guests. Follows through on all phone orders in courteous manner.
4. Practices established sanitary standards in the work place while performing of duties. Responsible for special cleaning and the removal of trash to a designated area.
5. Applies principles of all phases of safety and reports all accidents in a timely manner. Reports all malfunctions to the Specialist or Manager.
6. Performs other duties as assigned
7. Demonstrated the components of I CARE values statement.
8. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly are corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding and hazards identified in the work place.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent desired.
Food Service experience helpful
Knowledge of food service equipment and sanitation principals.
Restaurant or food service helpful.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: N/A
This is a description of the environment in which the work is performed as well as such ideas as need for overtime, travel, working with hazardous materials
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.