Food Service Associate I - Days
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 25960-47024
Days (rotating weekends)
Responsible for maintaining a clean supply of small equipment for production area and for maintaining a clean supply of dishes and utensils. Additional responsibilities include cleaning and sanitizing the meal delivery carts.
Flexible to cover all shifts and weekends, as hospital needs demand
1. Set up and breakdown the dish machine daily.
2. Upkeep of dietary hand sinks, floors and trash.
3. Sort and wash all dishes from cafeteria and patient rooms, utilizing prescribed infection control procedures.
4. Record dish machine rinse temperatures at each meal washing service.
5. Sort, scrub and disinfect all pots and pans utilizing prescribed infection control procedures.
6. Follow directives on placement of clean dish, utensil and pan storage.
7. Demonstrate a working knowledge of all chemical products used in the operation of the dish machine and in the cleaning procedures
8. Keep dish room, utility room and pot and pan room clean and orderly and free form standing water.
9. Assist with assemble for tray line service. Deliver and retrieve delivery carts as needed.
10. Clean and sanitize delivery carts.
11. Perform assigned duties of this department according to the disaster plan.
* EDUCATION: High school graduate or GED preferred.
* EXPERIENCE: One year food service/dishwasher experience preferred. Hospital experience desired.
* LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: None
* ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL/MOTOR SKILLS: Ability to manipulate hand tools such as knives, as in cuttings; to wrap loose items. Ability to pick up a variety of items and
place them on shelves; to move knobs, buttons or switches on control panel. Ability to coordinate hand and foot with vision to physically position material prior
* INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Must be able to interact and communicate in English, both orally and written, with all levels of staff, physicians, patients, and families in
an effective manner, exhibiting tact, enthusiasm, and patience. Must be able to be sensitive to cultural and bilingual issues.
* ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
Able to stand and walk for long periods of time. Able to lift and carry equipment and supplies of 30-50 pounds.
* ESSENTIAL MENTAL ABILITIES: Requires good communication and organization skills. Requires reasoning ability and good independent judgment.
* ESSENTIAL SENSORY REQUIREMENTS: Requires corrected hearing and vision within a normal range and ability to distinguish color.
* EXPOSURE TO HAZARDS: This position is not constantly exposed to airborne or blood borne pathogens or radiological or chemical hazards, other than those
identified in the MSDS as common to a business office setting. However, upon entry into clinical areas, or in meeting with patients or their families, something
that occurs regularly, this position may be exposed to various infectious diseases or other toxins.
* AGE-SPECIFIC CRITERIA: Must demonstrate and maintain current knowledge and skills necessary to provide care/services to the age of the patients served in the
hospital facility. Must also possess the ability to assess data and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative
to their specific needs.
* OTHER: Understands the mission and vision of the hospital. Operates within the concept of patient focused care. Evolves into an effective team member. Must
adhere to dress code; good grooming and personal hygiene habits; and strict adherence to attendance policies. Maintains knowledge of and conforms to hospital policies and
Last Edited: 08/25/2016