Food Service Manager I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Trinity Services Group
Trinity Services Group, Inc.
Food Service Manager I
First / Day Second / Afternoon
October 4, 2016
1700 N. Boston Avenue; Roosevelt County, Roosevelt County
Portales, NM, 88130, US Job category:
The Food Service Manager will establish and maintain systems and procedures for the ordering, receiving, storing, preparing and serving of food and related products in a secure correctional facility.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities:
Tasks may include, but are not limited to the following:
* Supervise, train, and instruct team members in general food service practices, including the preparation, cooking, and serving of food (less than the equivalent of 2 regular full-time team members)
* Typically will spend at least 50% of the time actually preparing, cooking and serving food. Will also be responsible for cleaning and washing of dishes(when applicable)
* Coordinate the work flow and assign work to team members
* Directs team members to ensure job-related rules, policies, procedures, and security guidelines are enforced
* Overall fiscal and financial responsibility for the unit
* Maintains accuracy of inventory in advance preparation of planned menu schedule.
* Responsible for overseeing all preventive maintenance programs to protect the physical assets of the Program.
* Knows and complies consistently with standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, recipes, policies and procedures
* Accurately and efficiently prepares a variety of food items in accordance with assigned work instructions and menus (when applicable)
* Maintain product service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints
* Monitors kitchen for cleanliness, sanitation, and order
* Maintain a sanitary environment following food service and Health Department codes and regulations.
* Maintain accurate on-site reports of daily and monthly financial, production, and activity
* Other duties as assigned
Qualifications- Education, Experience, and Skills:
* High School diploma, GED certificate, or other proof of education
* At least three (3) years of food service experience preferred
* Ability to exercise good judgment and tact
* Ability to motivate and supervise team members to attain quality and quantity of food production in a correctional work environment
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Must have experience with purchasing, inventory, ordering and receiving
* Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is required Supervisory experience preferred.
* Must be able to pass company background check.
* Must be able to pass drug test.
Associated Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Experience in the use and operation of a variety of kitchen equipment.
* Exercises sound judgment and the ability to assist with emergencies in a calm and effective manner.
* Knowledge and experience managing and applying kitchen sanitation and safety standards and methods.
* Knowledge of basic accounting and mathematical abilities to complete necessary reports.
* Experience in high volume food preparation, operations and service.
* Experience with safety procedures as applied to food preparation and cooking.
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
* Ability to stand for long periods of time.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following job competencies:
* Cooperation/Teamwork - Works harmoniously and contributes to building a positive team spirit while working with others to get a job done; responds positively to instructions and procedures.
* Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
* Communication Skills Communicates information verbally and in writing in a manner that the listener or reader will comprehend.
* Attention to Detail/Accuracy Follows verbal and written instruction while diligently attending to details and pursuing accuracy and quality in accomplishing tasks.
* Planning and Organization Establishes priorities, work schedules and plans in advance in order to meet deadlines and commitments.
* Managing Work - Establishing a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish specific goals by planning proper assignments of personnel and appropriate allocation of resources.
* Accountability and Dependability - Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, and achieves results with little oversight.
* ServSafe Certification
Duties are typically performed indoors, in a large cafeteria setting, primarily inside an Institutional or Prison setting.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
The work requires standing for long periods of time as well as reaching, stooping, and lifting. Must have the manual dexterity capability to prepare documents using standard office equipment. The noise level is typically moderate.
Equipment or machines routinely used in this position:
The work requires the use of a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment, as well as standard office equipment such as computers, calculators and the like, and the ability to read, write and communicate with others.
A regular review and evaluation of the Team Member's work performance will be conducted.