Food Service Manager
Responsible for planning, organizing, developing, and directing the overall operation of the Nutrition Services Department foodservice functions in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local guidelines and regulations, company policies and procedures, and in coordination with the Registered Dietitian, to ensure that qualify food service and nutritional care is provided to the patients, employees, and guests.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent. Graduate of a Dietary Manager's course approved by the Dietary Manager's Association or equivalent, if required by state regulations. Degree in dietetic technology, dietetics, culinary arts, or foodservice management preferred
Food Handlers permit if required per state regulations. ServSafe Food Safety Certification preferred. One or more of the following preferred (or required if indicated per state regulations):
* Certified Dietary Manager, Certified Food Protection Professional with the Dietary Manager's Association
* Dietetic Technician, Registered, with the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association
* Certification with the American Culinary Federation
* Two years experience in large quantity food preparation with experience in acute care hospital preferred.
* Two years experience in a foodservice supervisory role and experience with therapeutic diet preparation preferred.
* Knowledge of therapeutic diets preferred.