Food Service Sales Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
Shawnee Mission, KS
This position is responsible for promoting and selling foodservice fresh pork and value added fresh pork products into a defined region of responsibility in the United States.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and other duties as assigned, satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Responsible for selling and promoting the company s products to existing customers and targeted prospects in his/ her defined region of responsibility.
* Identify potential growth areas and develop new accounts within designated territory.
* Call prospective customers to explain types of products offered and their benefits to the customer, versus the competition.
* Stay abreast of the meat protein markets by collecting information via customer contacts, industry contacts, and direction from the Director of Foodservice Sales.
* Quote prices and persuade customers to buy.
* Assist Scheduling with management of frozen product stock levels and inventory rotation.
* Secure, place, and fill orders with customers and arrange delivery dates.
* Key data from customer into computer.
* Prepare reports on sales activities.
* Work with Vice President Foodservice Sales to develop and execute a plan to achieve sales goals.
* Assist with customer visits to our processing facilities.
* Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
* Bachelor s Degree AND/OR
* Proven track record with at least 3-5 years of experience and / or training; or equivalent of education and experience in retail fresh pork sales/marketing.
* Ability to read and interpret price lists, availability reports, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to speak effectively before customers and employees.
* Professional telephone skills. Some phone selling experience preferred.
* Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry to calculate discounts, interest, commissions, proportion, percentage, area, and volume.
* Excellent listening, negotiating, presentation, and analytical skills preferred.
* Ability to interpret instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Basic knowledge of packing plant operations and pork product specifications is a definite plus.
* Assertive personality with ethics and integrity
* Highly organized and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Minimum of a college degree in one of the following is preferred, but not essential for the right candidate: Animal Science, Ag Econ, Meat Science, Business or Marketing with some animal science background plus 3 years of successful sales/marketing within the pork industry.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to interact and effectively communicate with senior management and customers; and demonstrated experience in dealing with sensitive, complex and confidential matters.
REASONING ABILITY & MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Basic math skills. Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Basic computer skills and knowledge of standard programs including, but not limited to: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Must be flexible, adaptable to change, able to work in fast paced environment, ability to meet deadlines, demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, exceptional organizational skills, and demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail. Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and has sound judgment skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The hours and days of work are established by departmental needs and at the discretion of management. Occasionally, overtime or changes in schedule will be required as special circumstances arise.
Seaboard Foods is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Veteran / Disability Employer