Food Service Supervisor - Hospital Hill (Varied Hours)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the pri mary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best pos sible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, team work and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC s tagline is: Better. For Everyone. It is a simple state ment, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
Supervise all phases of the activity of the department, including front of the house, back of house operations, including staffing, safety and sanitation. Work in all kitchen/cafeteria areas. Interview, hire, counsel, and discipline employees. Monitor quality assurance and control activities. Work under moderate supervision.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Supervises the activities of departmental staff. Delegates the responsibilities to tray line, dish machine and cleaning. Monitors and coaches activities to make sure that standards are maintained. Supervises cooks, cafeteria, and storeroom staff in the absence of assigned supervisor.
2. Monitors safety and sanitation within the department. Logs and monitors temperature of equipment and food using knowledge of acceptable food temperatures, minimum acceptable refrigeration temperatures and dish machine temperatures. Conducts sanitation surveys. Attends safety and risk management meetings.
3. Monitors quality assurance, including taste tests of prepared food items, monitoring food serving temperatures, attractiveness, and portion control. Performs tray temperature test studies on nursing units.
4. Interviews prospective dietary aides, establishes performance standards, assesses performance reviews, and performs necessary disciplinary actions. Schedules staff to meet department needs.
5. Conducts in-services and new employee orientation.
6. Assist with cash register functions. May ring sales on cash register or make change for individual cashiers. Clears cash registers, obtain cash receipts from cash registers. Removes cash deposits from safe, takes to main cashier s office for deposit.
7. Ensures retail operation standards are in place and retail is open in a timely manner.
8. Attends and conducts staff meetings.
9. Promotes quality improvement, staff and patient safety, and cultural diversity through department operations and by personal performance
10. Presents a courteous and helpful demeanor, appropriate for age, to all patients, visitors, other Truman employees/medical staff members, or any other person an employee encounters while representing Truman Medical Center.
11. Maintains current knowledge related to applicable statutes, regulations, guidelines and standards necessary to perform job duties in accordance with the requirements of the Corporate Compliance Plan. Complies with the requirements of the Code of Conduct, Corporate Compliance Plan and Compliance Policies and Procedures, including training requirements. Participates in compliance activities under the direction of the Department Manager and Corporate Compliance Officer.
1. High school diploma or the equivalent.
2. Possess and maintain a current City of Kansas City, MO, City of Independence, Jackson County, or Clay County Food Handler s Permit.
3. Two years experience in a food service, healthcare setting.
4. Demonstrated ability to lead a team.
5. Good written and verbal communications skills to communicate with staff and administration to respond to information requests.
6. Demonstrated basic computer skills, including word and excel.
1. Serve Safe Certification.
2. Supervisory experience.
Two years experience in a food service, healthcare setting.
Minimum 1-2 years supervisory experience.