Food Service Supply Chain INTERN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
Campbell Soup Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONIMAGINE...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Supply Chain Intern program is designed to give top students, with related majors, a high quality, hands-on experience in our World Headquarters facility. This internship will support the North America Food Service (NAFS) Supply Chain which may include activities in the following functional areas: Commercialization, Transportation, Warehousing, Procurement, and/or Network Optimization. The role is a developmental position that will involve performing key project assignments that drive continuous improvement initiatives, project management activities, and support initiatives that drive overall efficiencies.
1. Performing projects focused on delivering improved results in cost, quality, safety and/or service
2. Interfacing with key systems and contacts to obtain key operational data
3. Analysis of data collection to generate operational recommendations
4. Presentation of findings and recommendations
* Must be capable of managing multiple competing project priorities
* Must be able to communicate at multiple levels in the organization to obtain data and influence decision-making
* Must have the ability to draw conclusions and recommendations with incomplete data
Minimum education required:
* Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, or Business
* GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred
* Years of relevant experience: Prior internship or co-op experience desirable, but not required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Strong analytical, quantitative and problem solving abilities
* Superior written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to lead cross-functional teams and to influence without authority
* Capability to both work independently and collaboratively with others
* Good planning, prioritizing, organization skills, and being able to manage competing deadlines
Position will be located in Camden, NJ
THE COMPANY IS COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTS IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP, WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, CITIZENSHIP, MARITAL STATUS, VETERAN STATUS, DISABILITY, AGE, RELIGION OR ANY OTHER CLASSIFICATION PROTECTED BY LAW.
IN THAT REGARD, U.S. APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES ARE PROTECTED FROM DISCRIMINATION BASED ON CERTAIN CATEGORIES PROTECTED BY FEDERAL LAW. CLICK HERE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.