Food Service Worker - Club - PT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Westfield Insurance Group
Westfield Center, OH
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We re an insurance company. With two golf courses. A party center. And an inn.
And we re looking for smart, prompt and courteous team players who are interested in part time or seasonal employment. Join a team where you can learn new things and meet interesting people. It s an exciting place to work with great benefits!
Westfield Insurance has been around since 1848 and has a long-standing reputation for helping customers and the communities we serve. To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com.
Food Service Worker Job Summary
$9.84 an hour
As directed, provides food service at Westfield Market Caf or Caf 1881. The Food Service Worker rings up food on the register, stocks and serves cafeteria food, and maintains the cafeteria and dining area in a safe and sanitary condition in compliance with all food safety and Westfield standards.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Prepares cafeteria for the day by making sure the dining area is clean, assisting with food prep, stocking the food stations and any other related duties.
2. Assists in the maintenance and cleaning of the cafeteria and kitchen in compliance with all food safety and Westfield standards.
3. Greets customers with a courteous welcome, answers questions as necessary.
4. Fulfills customer requests by serving food from the deli, prepared food stations, salad bar and other cafeteria-style areas.
5. Tallies bill, receives payment and cashes out customers using the cash register and/or credit card machine.
6. Gains knowledge of available offerings and answers questions about available food items.
7. Achieves the high standards of quality, production, cooperation, and service set by Westfield Group for our employees, guests and customers.
8. Complies with all OSHA and Westfield safety/training/certification standards within required timeframes.
9. Consistently reports to work on time and completes shifts, as scheduled.
10. Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. Previous food service experience preferred.
2. Ability to effectively communicate and receive instructions from leader, co-workers, and customers both verbally and in writing.
3. Valid driver s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
4. High school diploma, GED or demonstrated commensurate experience.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to remain on feet, standing and walking for the majority of the workday.
* Ability to maintain movement, bend, reach, lift and carry 40lbs.
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.