Food Service Worker II - Food Services West Campus
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY: Performs a wide range of tasks, including preparation, set up, storage and delivery of food items to patients and customers.
* All foods plated/portioned according to the standards and in the quantities specified on the menu. Prepares protein salads, vegetables, fruits, sandwiches, etc. as needed. Finishes baking of frozen convenience food products. Works in the grill/pizza areas.
* Works on the cash register in the cafeteria and ensures accuracy of drawer.
* Plans and prioritizes catering deliveries. Organizes food and equipment for the function. Makes sandwiches, salads, baked goods, etc. as needed. Delivers items to event location and is responsible for the set-up and break-down of each function. Communicates all needs to production and supervisory staff. Maintains sanitary condition of all catering equipment.
* Sets up designated station with proper utensils, plates, etc. Works on assigned station during meal service. Serves food in the cafeteria. Keeps supervisor informed of menu item supply levels in a timely fashion to avoid runouts. Breaks down designated station following the completion of serving line. Restocks work area thoroughly.
* Assembles patient meals as ordered through the At Your Request Room Service Dining system. Uses proper portion for entr es, salads, desserts, and beverages for meal service. Prepares food items to par levels in advance of peak meal periods (fruit cups, tossed salads, desserts, beverages). Follows procedures for preparing special trays (Kosher, Low Bacteria, Isolation, Psychiatry, Gastric By-pass).
* High School diploma or GED required .
* Certificate 1 preferred: Serve Save
* 0-1 years related work experience required.
* Six months to one year of food service experience.
* Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS:Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS:Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
* KNOWLEDGE:Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
* TEAM WORK:Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE:Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
This is a Per Diem position.
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf