Food Service Worker II (Full Time, Mixed Hours)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 01578-72057
Mixed (rotating weekends)
Downtown San Antonio is the backdrop for a vibrant and diverse community of patients served by METROPOLITAN METHODIST HOSPITAL. Part of the Methodist Health System, Metropolitan is recognized for providing Center of Excellence level of care for cardiac, neuro, and bariatric patients. The Women s Pavilion delivers over 4,000 babies a year. The urbanization of San Antonio has resulted in significant growth in our emergency services and intensive care. Our facility is large enough to provide a wide range of services but we are able to support individualized development in a personalized setting. We apply evidence based practice to every patient encounter. By focusing on continuous quality improvement, we seek to deliver world class care with a personal touch. The community and our family environment are at the heart of all we do and sustain our values driven organization.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The FOOD SERVICE WORKER II performs a wide range of duties involved with preparing and serving foods and beverages in one or more of a variety of food service operations. Prepares salads, hot foods, and cold foods, serves foods from counters and steam tables, and may serve as cashier.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Demonstrates proper cash handling procedures including but not limited to: cash register operations, opening bank verification, closing bank reconciliation, meal passes and employee discounts, voids and over rings.
2. Ensures that cafeteria area is stocked with paper goods and inventory items.
3. Demonstrates a clear understanding of the importance of time sensitive aspects of cafeteria operations.
4. Maintains attractive product appearance served in sanitary conditions.
5. Understands the importance of meeting all deadlines for opening and closing the cafeteria.
6. Demonstrates the ability to follow all HACCP guidelines for the holding, serving, and storing of food and food products.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Some Food Service experience is desirable.
Minimum License and Certificates Required: Food Handlers permit or must obtain during the first two weeks of hire date
Last Edited: 09/16/2016