Food Service Worker II (PRN)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 02531-70997
METHODIST HOSPITAL opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the most. Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, bone marrow transplant, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. Methodist Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. We deeply value our staff and our patients. As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community in being ranked No. 1 in the Express - News Reader's Choice Awards from 2009-2013. We also enjoy being the most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The FOOD SERVICE WORKER II distributes and retrieves patient meals in a professional and efficient manner for designated meal period according to prescribed diet order in the time specified. Provides appropriate stock items to patient care areas and insures food storage standards are met. Obtains and communicates pertinent diet information to
the Food and Nutrition Services staff regarding dietary needs of patients through patient and /or nursing staff interaction. Performs essential job functions independently, with minimal supervision, within established parameters. Adheres to all regulatory standards related to position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Delivers and retrieves patient food trays in a timely manner and at the proper temperatures. Uses the patient census to assure all patients receive the tray that matches their prescribed diet order. Assists patients with meal selections.
2. Understands modified diets, resources for non-typical modified diets, and diet order handling processes.
3. Interacts with patient and caregivers, providing optimum service without compromising dietary restrictions and production demands. Ensures that patient confidentiality and guest relations standards are met.
4. Demonstrates a clear understanding and adheres to HACCP, TDH, local health department and Infection Control regulations / standards.
5. Supports the preparation and delivery of late patient trays in a timely manner using correct guidelines and delivery accuracy processes.
6. Adheres to departmental Quality Control, Quality Assurance procedures and standards. Maintains patient care nourishment areas in conjunction with Nursing Services.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Minimum License and Certificates Required: Food Handlers permit or must obtain during the first two weeks of hire date
Last Edited: 08/10/2016