Food Service Worker II (PRN)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 01588-71658
At METHODIST SPECIALTY AND TRANSPLANT HOSPITAL, we recognize the unique needs of each of our patients. It s an extraordinary effort that we continue to improve upon, creating ways to better serve our community when they need us most. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital receives international acclaim for its outstanding and dynamic kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs, setting record numbers for volume and outcomes. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute, a nationally recognized center that recently performed the world s first 16-way kidney donor exchange chain during three consecutive days at a single hospital. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital earned designation as a Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence from the American Society for Bariatric Surgery in 2008. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13 and up. This program serves as a model for hospitals and agencies all over the world. Our hospital provides patient-centered care with a staff of professionals who genuinely care for the well-being of others. As part of Methodist Healthcare s mission of Serving Humanity to Honor God, we strive to offer care in a safe and compassionate environment. Additional hospital specialties include psychiatric services, emergency care, rehabilitation and robotic surgery.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The FOOD SERVICE WORKER II performs a wide range of duties involved with preparing and serving foods and beverages in one or more of a variety of food service operations. Prepares salads, hot foods, and cold foods, serves foods from counters and steam tables, and may serve as cashier.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Demonstrates proper cash handling procedures including but not limited to: cash register operations, opening bank verification, closing bank reconciliation, meal passes and employee discounts, voids and over rings.
2. Ensures that cafeteria area is stocked with paper goods and inventory items.
3. Demonstrates a clear understanding of the importance of time sensitive aspects of cafeteria operations.
4. Maintains attractive product appearance served in sanitary conditions.
5. Understands the importance of meeting all deadlines for opening and closing the cafeteria.
6. Demonstrates the ability to follow all HACCP guidelines for the holding, serving, and storing of food and food products.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Some Food Service experience is desirable.
Minimum License and Certificates Required: Food Handlers permit or must obtain during the first two weeks of hire date
Last Edited: 09/02/2016