Food Service Worker II PRN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 03132-70373
Opening in March 2009, Methodist Stone Oak Hospital continues to grow and build on our reputation as a hospital where high-tech and high-touch come together. Ours is a beautiful, streamlined, energy-efficient, patient-focused health care facility equipped with the most modern technology available and staffed by people who genuinely care for the well-being of others. It s our promise to you as part of Methodist Healthcare s half-century mission of Serving Humanity to Honor God by providing exceptional and cost-effective health care accessible to all. The hospital s services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, oncology, neurosurgery and orthopedics. The hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. The hospital also received special recognition for Heart Care in 2013 by receiving the Women s Choice Award. Methodist Stone Oak Hospital received recognition in 2012 and 2013 as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures . The hospital belongs to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery and has become a leader in robotic surgeries with a highly experienced team of surgeons offering this minimally invasive option to patients.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Performs a wide range of duties involved with preparing and serving foods and beverages in one or more of a variety of food service operations. Prepares salads, hot foods, and cold foods, serves foods from counters and steam tables, and may serve as cashier.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Demonstrates proper cash handling procedures including but not limited to: cash register operations, opening bank verification, closing bank reconciliation, meal passes and employee discounts, voids and over rings.
2. Ensures that cafeteria area is stocked with paper goods and inventory items.
3. Demonstrates a clear understanding of the importance of time sensitive aspects of cafeteria operations.
4. Maintains attractive product appearance served in sanitary conditions.
5. Understands the importance of meeting all deadlines for opening and closing the cafeteria.
6. Demonstrates the ability to follow all HACCP guidelines for the holding, serving, and storing of food and food products.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Some Food Service experience is desirable.
MINIMUM LICENSE AND CERTIFICATES REQUIRED:
Completion of a food safety course preferred.
Last Edited: 09/16/2016