Food Service Worker II (PRN)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 02531-71999
METHODIST HOSPITAL opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the most. Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, bone marrow transplant, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. Methodist Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. We deeply value our staff and our patients. As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community in being ranked No. 1 in the Express - News Reader's Choice Awards from 2009-2013. We also enjoy being the most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Performs a wide range of duties involved with preparing and serving foods and beverages in one or more of a variety of food service operations. Prepares salads, hot foods, and cold foods, serves foods from counters and steam tables, and may serve as cashier.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Demonstrates proper cash handling procedures including but not limited to: cash register operations, opening bank verification, closing bank reconciliation, meal passes and employee discounts, voids and over rings.
2. Ensures that cafeteria area is stocked with paper goods and inventory items.
3. Demonstrates a clear understanding of the importance of time sensitive aspects of cafeteria operations.
4. Maintains attractive product appearance served in sanitary conditions.
5. Understands the importance of meeting all deadlines for opening and closing the cafeteria.
6. Demonstrates the ability to follow all HACCP guidelines for the holding, serving, and storing of food and food products.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Some Food Service experience is desirable.
MINIMUM LICENSE AND CERTIFICATES REQUIRED: Food Handlers permit or must obtain during the first two weeks of hire date
Last Edited: 09/16/2016