Food Service Worker (PRN)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 02531-71200
METHODIST HOSPITAL opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the most. Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, bone marrow transplant, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. Methodist Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. We deeply value our staff and our patients. As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community in being ranked No. 1 in the Express - News Reader's Choice Awards from 2009-2013. We also enjoy being the most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The FOOD SERVICE WORKER assists with the preparation of foods and beverages for patient tray lines by cleaning work areas, equipment, and utensils, set up, and service. Serves a range of hot and cold food items.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Demonstrates correct food handling techniques such as portioning serving sizes by using appropriate serving utensils, and controlling temperature of tray line foods in accordance to HACCP regulations.
2. Demonstrates a complete understanding of prescribed sanitation regulations such as washing hands, changing of gloves/aprons, and use of sanitized water.
3. Maintains and cleans work areas, including floors, facilities, utensils, and equipment; collects and places garbage and trash in designated containers. Delivers and retrieves patient food trays in a timely manner and at the proper temperatures.
4. Demonstrate the ability to work at least 50% of the stations on tray line.
5. Replenishes foods, silverware, dishes, and trays at serving stations; may replenish condiments as needed.
6. Understands basic diet restrictions as applied to tray line operations, and adheres to established tray line procedures to meet the diet restrictions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
Food Handlers permit or must obtain during the first two weeks of hire date.
Last Edited: 08/19/2016