Food Services Client Specialist, Fairfield, NJ
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
* Responsible for Label Validation and all aspects of customer care and administrative support for the Food and Audit group within AFL. Location is flexible but preference at one of our current locations.
* Food and Audit Business Manager
* Log and track label review, camera ready, and technical review files.
* Receive and organize artwork, declaration, and report files.
* Track and vet label coordinators hours worked and labels preformed.
* Perform 1st, 2nd, and 3rd label reviews.
* Communicate with clients on audit schedules, contract proposals, and certification decisions
* Proactively initiate sales with current or prospective clients for expanding current services or solutions for client needs and provide feedback to salespersons.
* Maintain database of audits for scheduling, reporting and billing. Use database to monitor timely submission of corrective actions and audit reports.
* Perform scheduling of audits and communicate schedules to auditors and subcontractors on a regular basis.
* Process and track incoming audit reports for technical review and certification.
* Issue audit reports and certificates to clients, promptly and correctly to meet client needs and maintain SGS guidelines.
* Track contracts with clients and subcontractors.
* Review subcontractor invoices for accuracy and record in database before routing to accounting.
* Prepare department reports, presentations, statistics and graphs as required
* Shop, Pick up and prep samples to be shipped to other labs.
* Insure quality and confidentiality of client and company information and take an active role in updating Quality System.
* Assist in other areas of the company as needed.
* Promote responsibility, good work habits, a positive work environment and improve customer service.
* At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
* Associate s Degree or at least 2 years experience in a related field required
* Capability to utilize a variety of software programs required
* Experience in utilizing Excel required
* Demonstrated excellent organizational and time management skills required
* Strong administrative, analytical and problem solving skills needed
* Must be detail oriented and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to handle a variety of projects effectively, efficiently and with confidentiality
* Must be able to work independently and within a team environment
* Must be able to attend work regularly
* Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
* Professional, high standards in personal presentation
* Ability to manage relationships under stress
* Ability to work and think independently and coordinate several activities simultaneously
* Self-motivated and able to achieve shared objectives
* Ability to maintain service oriented mindset
* Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
* Maintain enthusiasm and perserverance
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Effective negotiation and persuasion skills
* Excellent organizational skills and be able to prioritize diverse tasks
* Results driven
* Must possess solid critical thinking skills; must be able to anticipate and solve problems in a systematic manner
HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES
* Demonstrate strong commitment to SGS HSE Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions by participating in safety meetings, completing required training, intervening in unsafe situations, refusing unsafe work, and complying fully with all applicable laws and regulations related to HSE.
* Respond appropriately to emergency situations and assists other staff members in maintaining readiness to respond to emergencies within the workplace.
* In accordance with the SGS HSE Management System requirements, dispose of, or direct the disposal of waste generated as part of daily work performed in a safe manner and in compliance with all waste transportation and disposal regulations and requirements.
* Report all incidents (actual incidents and near misses) in accordance with the SGS Incident Reporting requirements.
* Use all equipment (including safety equipment) in the manner intended and report any damaged/lost equipment to supervisor.
* Maintain a safe and tidy worksite.
* Maintain awareness of hazards and propose controls to supervisor, HSE Representatives or relevant client/site contact.
* Actively participates in incident investigations and risk assessments as deemed necessary by SGS management.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.