Food and Nutrition Services Coordinator (FT)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 06020-55453
Days (rotating weekends)
TRISTAR SKYLINE MEDICAL CENTER - NASHVILLE, TN
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, TRISTAR SKYLINE MEDICAL CENTER is Tennessee's first comprehensive stroke center and a national leader in neuroscience. The facility is equipped with 213 beds and offers a full array of acute care services, including cardiology, oncology, orthopedics/spine, rehabilitation and emergency services. As an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, TriStar Skyline is a leading provider of emergency heart care. There are more than 400 physicians on staff, many of whom have offices located right next door in the TriStar Skyline Medical Plaza.
TRISTAR SKYLINE MEDICAL CENTER is looking for a FULL-TIME FOOD AND NUTRITION SERVICES COORDINATOR.
The coordinator is an individual who is responsible for supervision of food production and Patient Services staff and other department staff to ensure duties are completed on schedule and in a timely manner. The coordinator may be required to work staff positions as deemed necessary by the director.
Demonstrates the ability to perform specific competencies. Meets mutually agreed upon performance goals/objectives which includes:
* Taking meal orders from patients using Computrition tablet system
* Complies with dietary restrictions on modified diets.
* Offers alternative to menu as allowed on prescribed diet.
* Honors patient s food allergies and cultural dietary needs.
* Assembles trays according to diet restrictions in a timely and accurate manner.
* Interacts with nursing to ensure accurate diet prescriptions met.
* Maintains accurate and current information for each patient on their assigned unit.
* Assist dietitian with patient specific needs including calorie counts.
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Perform AIDET principals
* Accurately check meals when building trays against Computrition tickets
* Checking patient diet information with Computrition against Meditech reports
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC CRITERIA
* Communicates any patient related problems to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
* Adheres to confidentiality and patient s rights policies.
* Complies with safety and sanitation procedures.
* Completes daily assigned cleaning duties prior to leaving at end of shift
* Follows HACCP guidelines when assembling and distributing food supplies to ensure quality and safety of food supply.
* Utilizes food service equipment according to department safety procedures.
* Follows department and facility wide policies.
* Participates in daily line-up meetings, monthly departmental meetings and staff development programs as assigned.
* Exhibits pleasant and cheerful demeanor and maintains a positive, can-do attitude towards employees, physicians, patients and visitors.
* Leads other staff members in department operations
* Create and modify employee schedules in the best interest of the department first.
* Closes department at end of shift and records next shift communication notes in log.
* High school diploma/GED required.
* Previous food service experience required, preferably in supervisory role.
* Good communication skills required.
* Ability to successfully interact with staff, co-workers and management.
Last Edited: 08/29/2016