Foreign Trade Zone & Logistics Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONFor highly-motivated,change champions looking for a dynamic team environment with the opportunity to learn and grow professionally, Brother offers a collaborative workplace that continues to innovate award winning products, while maintaining a focused commitment to the communities where we live and work.
Brother International Corporation is hiring a Foreign Trade Zone & Logistics Specialist to be located in Bartlett, TN.
Responsible for maintaining the day to day operation of the BIUS Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ), including preparing and generating all reporting to Dept of Customs and Border Protection. Handles all functions related to transportation of merchandise / import into and export from the BIUS facility. Responsible for creating and updating several internal reports used for production scheduling
Daily Processing of Receipts/shipments in the FTZ. To include resolution of any inventory discrepancies working with other departments to research and correct errors.
Preparation, validation and electronic transmission of all import/export and FTZ documentation to include:-
-Importer Security Filing which must be transmitted to Customs prior to shipment export from an overseas vendor. Work with overseas vendors to collect the data that is needed
-Automated Export System filing to be completed for all shipments to be exported. Includes confirming any restrictions and license requirements
-FTZ daily E214 filing to Customs through Integration Point FTZ Software Program to account for all receipts from foreign vendors made to the Brother facility
Determine classification of products and parts according to the Customs Harmonized tariff Schedule. Required in-depth understanding of Customs regulations governing Tariff Classification
Monitor all inbound shipments to BIUS to ensure timely delivery, and advise of any delays that could cause downtime for production or late delivery to Customers
Research transportation options to select most efficient and cost effective shipping method. Includes calculation of freight costs
Generate Reports and charts to show department metrics for freight spend, on-time delivery, carrier performance, and other KPIs
* Keeping abreast of Government Regulations with regard to import/export and Customs requirements
* Work under pressure to meet tight deadlines on multiple tasks. Must prioritize well and be able to switch between tasks to ensure all items are completed on time so as not to create issues or problems for other departments.
* Selection of carriers to handle transportation moves
* Information provided to Customs daily which if inaccurate could result in fines or penalties
* Information provided to internal customers daily which if inaccurate could result in production delays or customer service failures
* 4 year college degree
* Customs Broker License
* Knowledge of FTZ Regulations
* 4+ years experience with import/export programs
* Advanced skills in Microsoft Access / Excel to maintain databases and create reports and charts.
* Experience working with SAP ERP system in a manufacturing environment preferred
* Willing to assist with training and development of internal customers
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret governmental regulations
* Self-motivated, engaged, positive team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Highly organized, focused on detail and showing high level of accuracy