Foreman Level 1, Electrical
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 2/9/2017
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT US:
Established in 1946, Bergelectric Corp. has made its mark on the construction industry by providing the highest quality electrical and technology systems. We are one of the largest, privately held, electrical contractors in the United States. During the last decade, Engineering News Record (ENR) has consistently ranked us among the top 20 specialty contractors. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including, but not limited to; comprehensive medical benefit packages, Paid Time Off, 401(k) and a pension plan.
Function as a Foreman for Bergelectric Corp.; monitoring installations and ensuring work is performed according to Bergelectric Corp. standards and project specifications. Work cooperatively with the general contractor and/or customer in managing the project, project schedule and employees. Responsible for maintaining productivity, safety, quality control, labor cost, scheduling, movement of manpower, procurement of materials and any other activities impacting the successful completion of the project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Achieve Bergelectric Corp. productivity objectives by effectively managing and assigning tasks to crew members, while maintaining an accurate labor tracking log.
* Establish project goals and monitor success in reaching those objectives on an ongoing basis.
* Manage purchase orders and ensure ordered materials are received while adhering to bulk buy material procedures.
* Adhere to project contract document changes and Bergelectric Corp. change
* order notice-to-proceed policies.
* Fully utilize a prefabrication facility and company-wide installation methods and policies.
* Ensure the proper safety equipment, materials and tools are onsite to perform required work.
* Provident Superintendent(s) with sufficient notice of any crew changes.
* Utilize a proactive approach to anticipate and resolve potential issues.
* Ensure crew members start and finish work shift on time; Maintain proper meal/break times as per Employee Handbook and as legally required per local labor laws and regulations.
* Conduct effective performance evaluations of crew members.
* Maintain complete and accurate as-builts as per Bergelectric Corp. procedures and project requirements.
* Communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals including project owners, architects, general contractors, management, crew members, etc.
* Ensure all work performed meets with NEC, federal, state, county, local codes and contract documents.
* Adhere to all Bergelectric Corp., state and federal safety policies and procedures.
* Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures included in the Bergelectric Corp. Employee Handbook.