Foreman - Packing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 2/14/2017
Logan Township, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
The Packaging Foreperson is under the direction of the Bakery Supervisor. This employee plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates the daily activities of the Packaging and Retail Bagging Departments.
* Job responsibilities should be in bullet point form with a maximum of 10. Include 85% of position priorities.
* Performs duties as assigned by the Bakery Supervisor or their designee.
* Ensures adherence to the daily production, packaging, and retail bagging schedule.
* Coordinates, organizes, and assigns subordinates daily job tasks in the packaging and retail bagging department.
* Verifies that metal detectors are operational and performs regular tests as directed by the Quality Assurance Department.
* Monitors blast freezer temperature and core product temperatures to ensure product temperature specifications are met. Monitors product to ensure that other product specifications are met.
* Informs the maintenance department or the Bakery Supervisor of equipment maintenance issues.
* Adjusts and prepares ink jet coder for daily production. Monitors to ensure accuracy and legibility.
* Ensures that lot codes, bar codes, use by dates, case labels, and retail bags are correctly applied, used, or inserted into the cases according to specifications.
* Ensures all packaging documentation, including finished product report, spoils report, metal detector log, pallet tags, check list, and daily employee hour s reports, and other documentation, is filled out accurately, legibly, and on time.
* Ensures that sufficient packaging materials are available for daily activities (cartons, labels, retail bags, pallets, pallet tags, case tape, etc.).
* Operates forklift and pallet jack to move product, including into and out of freezer.
* Completes duties, and ensures that subordinates complete their duties, in accordance with quality assurance, GMPs (good manufacturing practices), safety, and other company programs and procedures, and in accordance with government codes and regulations.
* Ensures subordinates are wearing the proper protective freezer clothing issued when performing job tasks in the freezer.
* Maintains clean, organized and safe work area, including wiping and washing equipment and tools; sweeping and mopping floors; and trash removal.
* Ensures that subordinates are operating equipment safely and correctly.
* Enters case production (finished goods) information into spreadsheet
* Does data entry of production runs as per requirements of SAP
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Works to maintain and improve on the quality, legality and safety of each product and the processes used in their manufacture. Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a Supervisor immediately.
* Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
* Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
* Problem Solving - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
* Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming others; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control.
* Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views.
* Delegation - Delegates work assignments; provides recognition for results.
* Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; inspires respect and trust; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
* Managing People - Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
* Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
* Cost Consciousness - Conserves organizational resources.
* Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; works with integrity and ethically.
* Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
* Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
* Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; arrives at meetings on time.
* Dependability - Follows written and oral instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; completes tasks on time.
* Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
* Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
* Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
* Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
* Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
* Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
* Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* MATH ABILITY - Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* REASONING ABILITY - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
* Years of Experience
* Two years of related manufacturing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of experience and training
* Language Skills
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as production schedules, safety rules, operating instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to complete routine reports Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees Working knowledge of Spanish preferred.
* Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
* Computer/Software Skills
* To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software. Knowledge of inventory control software helpful Ability to learn new computer software as required by the company
* CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
* Forklift certification required.
* Travel requirements
* Coordinates work of employees in the Packaging and Bagging departments. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.