Forging Design Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
This opportunity consists of forging and forge tooling design for hand tools produced on gravity-drop and air-assisted forging hammers.
Primary Job Responsibilities
* Forging design and development based on finished drawing and models
* Development of spreadsheet to calculate forging and forge tooling parameters
* Design, modeling and detailing of related wrench forge tooling, including impression style drop forging dies, trim tooling and coining dies
* Ability to develop related NC programs would be a strong benefit
* 7-10 years of hands-on experience in a forging shop
* BS in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering or 10 years equivalent experience (significantly and directly related)
* Five years of CAD/CAM tooling design experience in a forging environment drop forge experience preferred
* Experience with hand tool or similar thin flat forgings a plus
* In-depth knowledge of impression die design for drop hammers,
* Strong understanding of tooling fabrication processes,
* Proficiency in advanced solid modeling using PTC Creo 2.0, including assemblies, surfaces, and advanced rounds,
* Understanding of forging simulation software. SB&D uses Transvalor s FORGE software
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel
* Understanding of PTC Creo Pro/Programming to automate design tasks
* Proficiency in NC programming for high speed milling using the PTC Creo Machining extension
* Design of compound / padded trim tooling
* Initiative to quickly close any skill gaps and understand existing die design methodology. Must be able to hit the ground running.
* Strong drive to constantly improve die design methodology and tooling fabrication efficiency.
* Accuracy and attention to detail are critical - must have a quality mindset
* Must understand and support data integrity
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.