This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 2/15/2017
NFI Industries (Corporate)
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary:
TheClamp Forklift Operator is responsible for operating material handling equipment for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking and counting merchandise. The Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the forklift and may also be required to perform order filler or order checker duties in addition to his or her own.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Unloads inbound shipments safely and moves product to storage locations
* Stacks and stores merchandise in designated areas using a forklift, clamp, push-pull or other powered equipment
* Pulls and prepares products for shipment
* Ensures that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped
* Performs picking duties in an efficient manner meeting customer service standards
* Moves product from staging and/or storage areas into trailers
* Operates all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods
* Maintains appropriate records and reports to guarantee inventory control and security
* Assists in physical inventories
* Ensures proper stock rotation
* Conducts cycle counts as requested
* Must have Excel knowledge plus general computer knowledge
* At least 1 year experience with clamp forklifts
* Willingness to become forklift certified
* Attention to detail
* Excellent customer service skills
* Must be able to lift and/or pull 50 lbs without restriction
* Must be able to work in varying facility conditions.
* Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed
Family owned and operated since 1932, NFI Industries is an industry leader in logistics, transportation, and distribution services. We deliver unique and progressive solutions, service, and relationships to each of our clients across the globe.
Are you ready to showcase your skills and get rewarded for your performance? NFI is committed to you!
* Career advancement opportunities
* Entrepreneurial, innovative, energized atmosphere
* Competitive compensation
* Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, prescription, disability, and life insurance coverage
* Paid vacation and holidays
* We invest in you - ongoing training and development