This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
UTi Worldwide Inc.
The Warehouse Associate may be responsible for operating material handling equipment for the purpose of shipping, receiving, and picking. Activities may include but are not limited to: loading or unloading, scanning, moving, staging, replenishing, and stacking product. This individual is also responsible for counting and inspecting product, and notifying leadership when there are damages or discrepancies. These Associates are accountable for the safe and efficient operation of all equipment and will be expected to perform all duties as assigned.
As part of the UTi team, Associates are expected to meet company objectives in the areas of performance, safety, and quality. Associates are expected to comply with all corporate and site-specific policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* The shipping functions include but are not limited to: using a gas or electric powered forklift to load outbound shipments, move product, and stack products or materials. Associates must efficiently and accurately load orders according to the appropriate doors and trailers. All shipping functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
* The receiving functions include but are not limited to: using a gas or electric powered forklift to unload inbound shipments, move product, replenish, stack and store products or materials. Associates must efficiently and accurately locate and place products in the appropriate storage areas. All receiving functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
* The picking functions include but are not limited to: using a gas or electric powered forklift to accurately pick orders to fulfill client demands. Associates must efficiently and accurately pick products and stage in the appropriate areas. Associates will stack, package, band, shrink wrap, and label product(s) as determined by client requirements. All picking functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
Quality Control Responsibilities
* The quality control functions include but are not limited to: using the appropriate documentation to ensure that all products and orders are received, handled, and shipped correctly. Associates will verify that products and/or orders meet quality standards, including reporting any damages or discrepancies. Associates will stack, package, shrink wrap, and label product(s). All quality control functions will be processed as defined by the Standard Operating Procedures.
Safety, Housekeeping, and Compliance
* All associates are responsible for executing all safety protocols and will accomplish all job tasks in a manner that promotes safety.
* Associates are responsible for the cleanliness and orderliness of the facility. Associates must also maintain a clean, neat, orderly work area, and assist in security of the warehouse.
* Associates will comply with all Standard Operating Procedures, corporate and site specific policies, safety rules, and OSHA/ MSDS Standards.
* In performing assigned duties the equipment used can include but is not limited to: sit-down, stand-up, reach truck, sweeper scrubber, scissor lift, cherry picker, or pallet jack.
* Associates are responsible for the upkeep of equipment and reporting of equipment problems.
* On a daily basis, associates will inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment.
* Associates will operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
* Associates must maintain an active forklift certification.
* Perform or assist in building, grounds, and equipment maintenance as assigned.
* Performs other duties as required
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
* Must have a High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
* Must have a valid Driver's License
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
* Not required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
* Basic PC or RF/ WMS functions
* English (reading, writing, and verbal)
* Basic reading and writing skills required
* Basic to Intermediate level to verify quantities of product, count inventory, or perform other duties associated with handling, storing, and distributing client products.
* Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision or guidance.
* Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and accomplish job tasks in a timely manner.
* Must be able to effectively adapt to change and thrive in a stimulating, fast-pace work environment.
* Current or Prior MHE certification is preferred
* Prefer at least 6 months experience working in a logistics/distribution/relevant environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
* Must be able to lift, bend, stoop, reach, and climb. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
* Working conditions are normal for a logistics/distribution center/warehouse environment including exposure to changing building temperatures. Work involves occasional lifting up to 30 pounds, operating material handling equipment, bending, stooping, reaching, and climbing.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Post Internal Days
Number of Openings
This position is currently accepting applications.