Forklift Operator - Cooler
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
DEAN FOODS COMPANY
The Forklift Operator is responsible for driving
gasoline, liquefied gas, or electric powered industrial
truck equipped with lifting devices, such as forklift,
boom, scoop, lift beam and swivel-hook, fork-grapple,
clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch, to push,
pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or
materials in a warehouse, storage yard, or factory.
- Duties may include any number of the following:
Loading and unloading products in trailers. Distributing
pallets of product from the palletizer to distribution
trailers and staging areas. Stage materials for
- Move product & materials within facility (plant and/or
cooler). Receive materials for warehouse storage
- Supplies packaging material, cartons and hulls to line
- Maintain pallet supply for palletizer
- Rotate packaging and ingredients using FIFO (First In
- First Out)
Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible
and accurate format, and completed with required
information. Ensure all required information is
documented in accordance with SOP s.
Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in
identifying opportunities to improve processes.
Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
Follow all required work safe practices. This would
include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas,
confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall
Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and
food quality related to designated area. Report any food
safety and food quality related issues to management
Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred; or one to two
years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent
combination of education and experience
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all
units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions
- Minimum 2 years recent experience operating a forklift
in a high efficiency environment.
- Forklift Operator Certification required
- Must be able to pass a written and driving fork lift
- Must be able to sit and/or stand and drive for
virtually the entire shift.
- Experience within the food and beverage industry
- Must be able to work in an environment where
temperature is maintained at 35-40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including
overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all medical exams, drug and
background checks (including criminal).
Dean Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other category protected under federal,
state, or local laws.