The Lift Operators / Order Builders are responsible for operating power industrial equipment for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking, and counting merchandise. The operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and may also be required to perform Order Filler and Checker duties in addition to his or her own responsibilities. They are responsible for the accurate storing, shipping and receiving of product to meet company standards of safety, security, and productivity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Unload inbound shipments safely and move products to storage locations.
* Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas.
* Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
* Report quality variances.
* Pull and prepare for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped.
* Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards.
* Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into rail cars or trailers.
* Load, unload, move, stack, and stage product and materials using a fork lift, clamp truck, drum attachment, pallet jack, deep reach lift, or other power equipment.
* Maintain the facility s equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
* On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on the fork lift or other equipment. Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
* Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained.
* Assist in physical inventories.
* Ensure proper stock rotation.
Safety, Sanitation, Security
* Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
* Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
* Conduct operations in a manner, which promotes safety.
* Comply with OSHA and MSDS Standards.
* Perform or assist in building, grounds, and equipment maintenance as required.
* Change batteries on fork lifts as needed:
* Participate in physical inventories; perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking as needed; repair pallets when necessary; trailers, and truck bays as requested.
* Help maintain the facility to provide a clean, safe work
* Other duties as required.
*Performs other duties as required
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
* Not required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
* Basic PC or RF/WMS functions
* English (reading, writing, verbal)
* Basic reading and writing skills required
* Basic to intermediate level to verify quantities of product, count inventory, or perform other duties associated with handling, storing, and distributing client products.
* Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision or guidance.
* Strong attention to detail accuracy and accomplish job tasks in a timely manner.
* Must be able to effectively adapt to change and thrive in a stimulating, fast-pace work environment.
* Current or prior MHE certification is preferred
* Prefer at least 6 month experience working in a logistics/distribution/relevant environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
* Must be able to lift, bend, stoop, reach and climb. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds. Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours per day.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
* Working conditions are normal for a logistics/distribution center/warehouse environment including exposure to changing building temperatures. Work involves occasional lifting up to 30 pounds, operating material handling equipment, bending stooping, reaching and climbing.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Post Internal Days
Number of Openings
This position is currently accepting applications.