Forklift Operator I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Universal Forest Products
* Minimum 9th grade basic education; preferred High school diploma or equivalent.
* No minimum experience is required; however forklift driving experienced is preferred.
* Working knowledge of basic math and inventory techniques
* Successfully complete Forklift Driver licensing process . Previous experience with Universal Forest Products preferred Skills and abilities
* Ability to work in a safe manner
* Ability to recognize size/grade/quality of material
* Demonstrates ability to follow specific instructions and directions
* Demonstrate ability to stack material properly
* Ability to pay attention to surroundings
* Ability to identify safety issues in their work area, and notice equipment malfunctions
* Ability to understand basic verbal and written instructions in English; ability read and write basic English
* Ability to frequently get on and off a forklift, to withstand operations in rough surfaces, to work in a wide range of weather condition, and operate a forklift for extended periods of time.
* Demonstrate eye-hand coordination
* Ability to work under immediate supervision
* Ability to pass a drug test
* Ability to work hours mandated by management Conduct
* Safety conscious
* Team player and goal oriented
* Leads by example and positive attitude
* Participates in Safety and CI programs
* Punctual and reliable
* Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
* Provides production departments with material from inventory according to production schedule
* Moves material in process from one station to another (if necessary).
* Bands, wraps and/or packs finished goods, and labels material.
* Moves finished goods from production area to finished goods inventory (yard or warehouse).
* Assist production with bottle necks and other material needs.
* Provides general preventive maintenance on equipment.
* Completes pre-shift/startup equipment checklist and reports any problems or concerns.
* Maintains rough material and finished goods inventory yard organized and clean.
* Completes production records are required.
* Follows forklift rules and policies as described by Company policy.
* Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
* Performs other duties as required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled