This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 12/8/2016
Logan Township, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
The Forklift operator performs duties related to the receipt, shipment, and movement of raw materials and finished goods within the plant warehouse and production, utilizing material handling equipment. Assists Warehouse Supervisor in all related activity required to operate Warehouse and Production areas.
* Job responsibilities should be in bullet point form with a maximum of 10. Include 85% of position priorities.
* Operates all material handling equipment according to company guidelines and attends safety-training annually.
* Records the movement of all material movement within Warehouse including raw materials, packaging, supplies, and finished goods in accordance with company policies and procedures.
* Unloads inbound raw materials and loads outbound finished goods in accordance with company guidelines and procedures.
* Completes duties and follows all company guidelines in accordance with safety and quality assurance to comply with all government codes and regulations.
* Documents and reports all mal-functioning equipment to plant management.
* Maintains clean, organized, and safe work area to include but not limited to sweeping floors and trash removal.
* Performs all other assigned duties related to plant warehouse operation.
* Works to maintain and improve on the quality, legality and safety of each product and the processes used in their manufacture. Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a Supervisor immediately.
* Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
* Interpersonal Conducts themselves in a manner that promotes teamwork within the warehouse and all related Production, Sanitation and Quality Assurance areas.
* Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
* Customer Service Understands the importance of there role in delivering a quality product to our customers.
* Team Work - Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
* Cost Consciousness - Conserves organizational resources.
* Quality Works accurately
* Ethics - Works with integrity and ethically.
* Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time. Adheres to company guidelines for absenteeism and tardiness.
* Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
* Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
* Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
* Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
* Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities.
* Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Follows through on commitments.
* Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
* Quantity - Completes work in timely manner.
* Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures. Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* Math Ability - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, decimals, and fractions.
* Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Years of Experience At least one year of deep reach forklift experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
* Valid operating license for operating a forklift.
* Language Skills
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
* Oral Communication Able to communicate in English between fellow members of warehouse and plant team.
* Written Communication Reads and writes clearly in English and fills out all company documents according to company guidelines.
* Computer/Software Skills
* To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic knowledge related to operating computer.
* Travel requirements: None
* The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold (non-weather). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
* The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. May be required to push or pull wheeled equipment in replacement of forklift battery equipment.
ARYZTA is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE)
Typical Work Schedule:
40 hours per week 3rd shift. - 8 hour shifts, Thursday, Friday -11pm to 7:30am - 12 hours shifts Saturday, Sunday 7pm to 7:30am
Logan Township, New Jersey, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.