This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 2/20/2017
UTi Worldwide Inc.
New Johnsonville, TN
Under the direction of the shift supervisor and/or the shift team leader, the Forklift Operator will be responsible for performing the receiving, warehousing, and shipping functions of product in a manner consistent with all safety, quality and operational work instructions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* The Forklift Operator will be responsible for working in a safe manner and following all established safety guidelines and procedures.
* The Forklift Operator will also assist in the identification and correction of any safety issues.
* The Forklift Operator will handle product according to all prescribed quality work instructions and guidelines.
* The Forklift Operator will be responsible for the physical handling and movement of inbound/outbound product and product between facilities.
* The Forklift Operator will ensure that product is handled safely, accurately and according to established operating work instructions.
* The Forklift Operator will operate various types of equipment, including forklifts, stretch wrap machines and computers.
* All equipment must be operated in a safe and efficient manner according to established operating directions and work instructions.
* The Forklift Operator will ensure the facility s equipment is maintained in a neat, clean, and orderly manner.
* The Forklift Operator will inspect and perform safety/quality checks and minor maintenance on forklifts and other equipment.
* Unload inbound shipments safely and move products to storage locations.
* Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas.
* Pull and prepare for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped.
* Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards.
* Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into trailers.
* Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained.
* Assist in physical inventories.
* Ensure proper stock rotation.
Safety, Sanitation, Security
* Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
* Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
* Conduct operations in a manner, which promotes safety. Comply with OSHA and MSDS Standards.
* Perform or assist in building, grounds, and equipment maintenance as required.
* Performs other duties as required
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
* High School Diploma
* 1-12 months Experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
* Not required but helpful
* English (reading, writing, verbal)
* All applicants are required to complete a math test on site prior to employment.
Experience in Forklift Operation, barcode scanning, dock operations
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer, forklift equipment, and other various mechanically devices. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision. Employee must follow proper procedure for lifting, must be able to lift up to 55 lbs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee Is exposed to TI02 airborne particles and dust. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of the Company to afford equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, religion, color, creed, ancestry, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, liability for military service, or any other factor prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Post Internal Days
Number of Openings
This position is currently accepting applications.