This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
The Warehouse Associate is responsible for moving materials within the warehouse and the loading/unloading of materials onto or from vehicles utilizing a forklift, reach truck, order picker or other heavy material handling equipment.
The Warehouse Associate can be responsible for receiving, storing, picking, packing, verification, shipping/manifesting and other various duties as assigned to ensure the full and efficient operation of the Distribution Center.
* Use material handling (MH) equipment to unload incoming materials from trailers.
* Verify and receive materials into inventory.
* Marks and inventories packages for storage or transit.
* May also include palletizing and shrink-wrap.
* Duties may include receiving, checking and storing.
* May be required to stack pallets and repeatedly lift up to 50 pounds.
* Use MH Equipment to move and store materials within the warehouse.
* Use MH Equipment to pick, verify and pack orders according to standard practice.
* Use MH Equipment or other designated means to load goods into trailers or other designated transport vehicles for distribution.
* Works from pick sheet to pull product or supplies.
* Check orders against pull sheets.
* Dangerous Goods: when receiving dangerous goods, the necessary procedures must be followed and these shipments must be stored in the designated section of the warehouse.
* If/when applicable, 'bonded' cargo must be processed and handled accordingly, based on existing guidelines for this type of shipment.
* Maintain warehouse clean and free of debris at all times.
* Adhere to local, State, and Federal regulations inclusive, but not limited, to OSHA, DOT, EPA and other government agencies. Certification required to handle any hazardous material(s).
* May be required to lift between 50 - 70 pounds.
PROBLEM SOLVING & DECISION MAKING SKILLS
* Employee will be expected to follow procedures introduced via on the job training.
* Elevating potential situations to the next level of supervision when required.
* Identify and correct mistakes/inconsistencies when receiving/completing paperwork.
* Minimum: High School or Technical degree
* Ideal candidate will have prior experience in warehouse or manufacturing environment.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* Proven basic math skills at the high school level.
* Ability to establish priorities and accomplish multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
* Computer skills