This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
UTi Worldwide Inc.
Under the direction of the shift supervisor and/or the shift team leader, the Forklift Operator will be responsible for performing the receiving, warehousing, and shipping functions of product in a manner consistent with all safety, quality and operational work instructions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for working in a safe manner and following all established safety guidelines and procedures.
* Assist in the identification and correction of any safety issues.
* Handle product according to all prescribed quality work instructions and guidelines.
* Responsible for the physical handling and movement of inbound/outbound product and product between facilities.
* Ensure that product is handled safely, accurately and according to established operating work instructions.
* Operate various types of equipment, including forklifts, stretch wrap machines and computers.
* All equipment must be operated in a safe and efficient manner according to established operating directions and work instructions.
* Ensure the facility s equipment is maintained in a neat, clean, and orderly manner.
* Inspect and perform safety/quality checks and minor maintenance on forklifts and other equipment.
* Unload inbound shipments safely and move products to storage locations.
* Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas.
* Pull and prepare for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped.
* Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards.
* Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into trailers.
* Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained.
* Assist in physical inventories.
* Ensure proper stock rotation.
Safety, Sanitation, Security
* Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
* Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
* Conduct operations in a manner, which promotes safety. Comply with OSHA and MSDS Standards.
* Performs other duties as required
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
Not required but helpful
English (reading, writing, verbal)
Basic to intermediate level to verify quantities of product, count inventory, or perform other duties associated with handling, storing and distributing client products. All applicants are required to complete a math test on site prior to employment.
* Current or Prior MHE certification is preferred
* Prefer at least 6 months experience working in a logistics/distribution/relevant environment
* Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision or guidance.
* Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and accomplish job tasks in a timely manner.
* Must be able to effectively adapt to change and thrive in a stimulating, fast-pace work environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Post Internal Days
Number of Openings
This position is currently accepting applications.