- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Forklift Operator - Selah Plant
POSITION: Forklift Operator - Selah Plant
LOCATION: Selah, WA
JOB ID: 548
# OF OPENINGS: 10
Use lift truck to stage fruit to dump area for processing, dump fruit, and remove empty bins.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Other duties may be assigned. All of the following are to be performed while adhering to Tree Top operational policies, safety rules, procedures and good manufacturing practices.
It is the responsibility of every employee at Tree Top Inc. to report food safety and food quality problems or risks to personnel with the authority to initiate action against these said possible risks. The Organization chart indicated key personnel with the authority to take action. THIS IS A REPRESENTATIVE SAMPLE--NOT TO IMPLY A COMPLETE LISTING OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS.
* OPERATE EQUIPMENT SAFELY
* Check equipment daily
* Watch for pedestrian traffic
* Sound your horn through doorways
* Look behind before backing up
* Avoid unstable loads
* Maintain a safe distance from other drivers
* Wear seat belt at all times
* TRANSFER FRUIT FROM DOCK
* Select fruit which meets customer needs
* Stage fruit for peeling process
* Return fruit to dock as needed
* DUMP FRUIT
* Blend fruit to obtain quality
* Maintain constant apple flow to peeling process
* Communicate with Team Leader
* Segregate grower gins
* Monitor conveyors and chains
* While dumping, check for unacceptable fruit mixed into rows
* REMOVE ELIMINATORS AND EMPTY BINS
* Transfer eliminators to dock
* Return empty bins to lot
* Stack empty bins and eliminators
* Maintain a smooth efficient speed
* Separate broken bins
* COMPLETE PAPER WORK AND COMPUTER INPUTTING ACCURATELY
* Write down completed inventory tickets
* Complete eliminator report forms
* Split tickets accurately and on time when required
* Fill out lift truck maintenance report
* Check to ensure accuracy
* Perform usage inputting into AS-400
* Verify with supervisor before leaving accuracy of paperwork/computer input
* COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY
* Communicate information with Supervisor, Team Leader, and co-workers
* Communicate with Process Team Leader about fruit blend
* Notify Maintenance and Supervisor of equipment failure/problems/issues
* Alert Supervisor of any fruit status change
* Exchange information at shift change with next Forklift operator(s)
* Verify information
* MAINTAIN GMPS
* Clean equipment
* Clean and sanitize belts, conveyors, and tanks
* Sweep floors as time allows
* Wash floors in Sauceroom daily
* Maintain a clean work area; keep floors swept, brooms, squeegees, etc.; in proper place; empty trash cans/bins as needed
* Empty product waste containers and debris as needed
* Ensure cleaning procedures are followed in proper sequence
* Use proper cleaning/sanitizing chemical-handling procedures and equipment
* Adhere to GMP standards throughout the entire plant
* ENSURE FOOD SAFETY BY FOLLOWING HACCP (HAZARD ANALYSIS & CRITICAL CONTROL POINTS)
* Maintain personal cleanliness, wash hands frequently, wear hairnet, wear sanitary gloves
* Do not store chemicals too close to food products
* Avoid spilling oil or cleaning fluids on food products
* Avoid cross-contamination
* Follow color code policy
* Follow proper procedures, practices, training
* Verify correct ingredients are being used
* Do not use contaminated raw materials
* Be familiar with all process flow diagrams
* Know all critical control points in all processes; i.e. metal detection
* Sort out foreign material; i.e. wood, stickers, plastic, etc.
* LOCK-OUT TAG-OUT
* Make sure to have a complete and clear understanding of all Lock-Out Tag-Out procedures
* Use proper Lock-Out Tag-Out procedures at all times (washing/cleaning machinery, etc.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to read, write, and communicate in English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
* Forklift Certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for paperwork and observing fruit, distance vision for driving, color vision to determine apple variety, peripheral vision for driving, depth perception for driving, and the ability to adjust focus to monitor equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
The above job profile does not include all essential and nonessential duties of this job. All employees with disabilities are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Department to review and discuss the essential and nonessential functions of the job. The employee with a disability can evaluate the job in greater detail to determine if she/he can safely perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Job profiles are not intended, nor should they be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, tasks, skills, efforts, working conditions or similar behaviors, attributes or requirements associated with a job. A job profile is not a comprehensive job description. It is intended for the sole purpose of acquainting a person who is unfamiliar with such position with a brief overview of the position's general direction and scope. This position profile is company confidential, is intended for internal use only and may not be copied or reproduced by anyone for any purpose without written permission from the Vice President of Human Resources
TREE TOP IS AN EEO/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, AND ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER STATUS IN ACCORDANCE WITH LAW.