Forklift and Palletizer Operator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
Commerce City, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Us
Welcome to Ardent Mills, a new company dedicated to helping our customers innovate and grow, with the industry s broadest range of traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends and specialty products. Our ingredients are backed by unrivaled technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of more than 40 community mills and blending facilities, an artisan commercial bakery and a Mobile Innovation Center. We are Ardent Mills, working with you for the good of grain. And we re looking for dynamic people to join our team.
About the Plant
90+ team members strong, the Commerce City is our hometown plant, now hosting many tours and milling classes for new Ardent Mills employees. The team works hard every day to maintain our Pristine and 5S work conditions.
This position provides support to the Warehouse operations at the mill, ensuring that the product moves from the palletizers and into position in staging to be loaded on trucks, and that the operation runs smoothly, safely and efficiently.
* Follow outlined duties as assigned in daily inbound / outbound schedule from warehouse management.
* Loading and off-loading of trucks, receiving inbound ingredients, production driving and packaging driving.
* Be available to work all shifts and fill in on weekends.
* Maintain the principles of first in / first out (FIFO) in the storage and retrieval of materials.
* Coordinate with other lift truck drivers and production personnel to ensure the efficient performance of warehouse and production processes.
* Prioritize multiple tasks to maximize work efficiency.
* Sanitation duties as required in order to maintain a clean and safe environment.
* Comply with all safety regulations.
Skills & Experience
* High School diploma or equivalent; or up to three months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Forklift certification preferred.
* Must demonstrate basic mathematical skills.
* Experience in a manufacturing environment, especially food production, is helpful.
* Ability to use a slip-sheeter is preferred.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as formulas, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to effectively communicate clearly in English commensurate with the requirements of this position.
* Must have a basic mechanical aptitude.
* Must be able to use safely use hand held knife.
* Regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to handle and perform tasks with tools or equipment controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
* Occasionally required to climb on ladders or other supporting structures off of ground level.
* Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.