NBTY Inc - GARDEN GROVE, CAThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- NBTY Inc NBTY Inc
- GARDEN GROVE, CA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- not provided
- not provided
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Under the direction of the Director/Manager, the formulation scientist is responsible for developing new products, improving current products, addressing manufacturing issues, evaluating new and alternate raw materials and seeking cost savings. Also, responsible for adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) that are in effect for the respective area.
- Formulation of nutritional supplement tablet and hardshell capsule products
- Development of prototypes and/or production of trial samples, scientific review and specification of raw materials, preparation of Master Batch Records
- Provides technical support to manufacturing
- Evaluates alternate sources of raw materials and costs new products pursuant to requests from Product Development
- Complies with company policies and procedures and maintains regular work attendance
- Performs other duties as assignedAbout Us:
NBTY is a leading global vertically integrated manufacturer, marketer and distributor of a broad line of high-quality, value-priced nutritional supplements in the United States and throughout the world. Under a number of NBTY and third party brands, the Company offers over 22,000 products, including products marketed by the Company's Nature's Bounty, Vitamin World, Puritan's Pride, Holland & Barrett, Rexall, Sundown, MET-Rx, Worldwide Sport Nutrition, American Health, GNC (UK), DeTuinen, LeNaturiste™, SISU, Solgar, Good 'n' Natural, Home Health™, Julian Graves, Ester-C and Natural Wealth brands.
NBTY offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes tuition reimbursement, health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, daycare subsidy and 401(k).
NBTY is an equal opportunity employer.
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our on-line job postings.
- Apply for this job online
- Share this job on your Social Network!|More