Formulation and Delivery Investigator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Purpose:
This Formulation and Delivery expert provides scientific and technical leadership to the group, with responsibilities covering areas of strategic evaluation of alternate technologies, development and troubleshooting of novel and existing vaccine formulations, and planning/executing research initiatives. This role will independently conduct lab activities with minimal supervision to support and advance research projects. The job requires generating new formulation concepts, analysing data and reporting results, as well as maintaining documentation.
1. Perform formulation development and drug product optimization to support and advance Research projects
* Develop novel vaccine formulations using new or existing technologies
* Provide scientific rationale to approaches within formulation and delivery
* Provide technical support for process development-related activities post-SG2
* Perform lab-based activities related to formulation development, characterization, and stability monitoring, and supply protein-, adjuvant-, and nucleic acid-formulations for in vitro/vivo testing
* Develop analytical methodologies to characterize candidate vaccine products and components
* Assure responsible use of budget for the formulations and delivery group
* Design, execute, analyze, and report data from experiments in a timely manner
2. Evaluate external opportunities and design experimental plan to demonstrate value
* Aid in strategic and technical review of new technologies
* Support external interactions for technology evaluation
* Manage external relationships as relevant in the context of technology evaluation
3. Demonstrate understanding, ownership, and accountability of assigned Research projects
* Lead publication efforts and prepare reports as needed
* Prepare and present data in the context of the overall project at cross-functional meetings and to internal and external stakeholders, including external forums
* Conduct self-directed literature review to improve personal understanding and to troubleshoot & advance projects
* Provide scientific input and contribute to project planning and overall strategy
4. Function as a productive team member of the Seqirus Research group
* Work and communicate effectively with others within and across functions (Research and Technical Development)
* Demonstrate a high level of engagement and contribute to scientific discussions in meetings
* Pursue cross-training opportunities or learn new technologies as needed to fulfill role
* Train on and follow internal policies and procedures to maintain day-to-day lab operation, quality standards, HSE compliance, IP, performance management, etc.
* Help build and promote a positive culture and working environment
* Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Science (formulation & delivery) or a related field
* Minimum 2-3 years of experience post Ph.D. Additional prior industry experience preferred.
* Knowledge and relevant laboratory experience in the field of formulation and delivery
* Knowledge and relevant laboratory experience in the field of analytical development
* Deep understanding of protein, nucleic acid, and liposomal formulations needed
* Ability to independently design, execute, analyze, and interpret data with minimal guidance and supervision
* Ability to multitask and to work on multiple research projects in parallel
* Good demonstration of time and resource management, communication, and teamwork
* Ability to lead the generation of written reports or publications, to prepare and present data at cross-functional meetings and to internal and external stakeholders, and to demonstrate ownership, understanding, and accountability of assigned projects.
* Demonstration of intellectual and scientific curiosity, a high level of engagement, and initiative to conduct literature review to improve personal understanding and to troubleshoot & advance projects.
Seqirus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.