Foundry Production Supervisor (Mold and Disa) 3rd Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Johnson Controls is currently hiring a Foundry Production Supervisor (Mold and Disa) 3rd shift.
Responsible for the assigned process and material flow in a green sand, ductile iron foundry environment. Meets, exceeds production, safety and quality objectives. Supervises a staff of 6 33 employees and coordinates assigned process, material flow, employees, and equipment engaged in producing iron castings for the customer by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
* Meets production schedules. Studies production schedules, and estimates worker/equipment hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
* Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
* Maintains production, efficiency, and employee records. Ensures the departments efficiency rates meet or exceed expectations.
* Ensures that all equipment is in good, safe operating condition and is utilized according to process specifications.
* Implements safeguards to ensure inputs are not wasteful and materials or tools are managed with 5S principles.
* Addresses and corrects quality deficiencies in a timely manner.
* Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
* Requests estimates, submits requisitions, and inspects materials.
* Consults with support services (quality/pattern shop) to ensure the production of quality castings and to determine cause of casting defects and implement solutions.
* Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities with other departments.
* Utilizes employee group to clean and conduct minor preventative maintenance on equipment, as instructed by the maintenance department.
* Participates in supervisor training, develops supervisory skills through continuing education and mentoring with more senior peers with production problem solving experience.
* Trains and coaches employees in performing job tasks and ensures that employees receive all required training and are competent to perform job duties.
* Sets up rotation schedules, arranges cross-training opportunities and assigns duties.
* Communicates, supports, and enforces company policies.
* Interviews employees, appraises performance, rewards and disciplines employees, addresses complaints and resolves problems.
* Maintains time, and pay records, submits for processing. Reviews time punches daily, makes changes, corrections, comments, documents errors. Enters employee pay and promotion changes.
* Leads the safety effort within the department.
* Ensures that employees apply safety-first attitudes and practices as they do their jobs.
* Involves employees in an ongoing program of hazards identification and in developing and applying safe job procedures.
* Teaches employees how to properly use PPE and continually monitors compliance
* Instils good housekeeping practices in employees and requiring their use.
* Instructs employees the fundamentals of safe work practices (i.e., safe lifting, waste reduction, etc.).
* Maintains a positive example of safety-first attitudes and practices.
* Works with safety professionals and management to ensure that our corporate safety policy is fully and effectively implemented on a daily basis and that applicable safety regulations are followed.
* Assists management and safety professionals in investigate accidents, incidents and near miss situations.
* Participates in safety activities such as support for Suggestion Boards, Grass Root team projects, 5S projects, department ergonomic improvements.
#external THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, related college degree or coursework preferred.
* FIVE YEARS OF MOLTEN METAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
* Two years lead and/or supervisory experience required. (May be part of the molten metal experience.)
* Process/technical knowledge in a green sand foundry required, ductile iron preferred.
* Excellent interpersonal skills essential, ability to successfully deal with change, learn new skills, techniques and processes, and a positive attitude required.
* SHIFT/SCHEDULE FLEXIBILITY ESSENTIAL.