Freelance News Assistant, Sports - Time Warner Cable, Buffalo
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Time Warner Cable
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Type: Part Time
Responsible for shooting sports video and sound bites and conducting interviews in the field, working both alone and with a reporter. Assists with editing and producing sports clips for air.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Shoots sports b-roll and conducts sports interviews
* Reports relevant information back to station from scene of news events
* Assists sports reporters with gathering b-roll and interviews
* Assists sports reporters and Truck Operators during live shots and live events
* Checks equipment and notifies ENG of equipment problems
* Makes sure P2 cards are properly labeled before being ingested
* Enters information into Planning Grid and researches stories for Assignment Desk
* Trains interns/new hires in the field as needed
* Must be able to drive to story locations (must have valid Driver s License)
* Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
* Must be able to work shifts as needed in a 24/7 newsroom including overnights, weekends, and holidays
Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor s Degree in Journalism, Communications or related field preferred
* One year of experience working in news preferred.
Only applicants who apply online at www.timewarnercable.com/careers will be considered.
More on TWC: Time Warner Cable reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
FCC Unit: 1811
Controlling Establishment ID: 00457 - Buffalo Chicago St
Job Code: TWCNNS100 News Assistant Nonexempt