Freelance Video Journalist, LO NY1 News
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/30/2016
Time Warner Cable
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Type: Part Time
Reports on community news and sports in Staten Island and Queens. Enterprises, shoots, writes and edits packages for air as well as vosots for anchors to read.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
* Strong News judgment.
* Receives assignment or evaluates news leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
* Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interviews, observation, and research.
* Organizes material, determines emphasis, and writes packages and vosot according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
* Develops sources and contacts for story development.
* Make decisive and accurate judgments for story and personal safety.
Camera and Field Operations
* Shoots video to illustrate stories.
* Edits videos for broadcast.
* Drives to News locations.
* Checks and maintains equipment.
* Ability to lift and carry at least 70lbs.
* Appears on television program when conducting taped or filmed interviews or narration.
* Occasionally represents station at other events.
* Strong knowledge Queens and Staten Island including hyper-local sports news, politics, events and history.
* Ability to cover breaking news for 24 hour news cycle.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor s Degree, preferably in Journalism/Communication or relevant experience.
* Minimum one year of experience working in news required. Previous on air experience preferred.
* Must have a valid driver s license.
Only applicants who apply online at www.timewarnercable.com/careers will be considered.
Time Warner Cable supports a drug-free environment and is EOE M/F/V/D.
More on TWC: Time Warner Cable reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
FCC Unit: NWNYC
Controlling Establishment ID: 00112 - NYC 9th Ave
Job Code: TWCNJR170 Videojournalist - Senior Exempt