This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 3/10/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONFREELANCE VIDEOGRAPHER
Requisition ID: 28594BR
Location: Woodbury, NY
Position Type: Temporary
A leading national telecommunications, media and entertainment company, Altice USA delivers residential and business services to more than 4.6 million total customers across 20 states. Our 18,000 employees have an unwavering commitment to customers and to providing quality products and outstanding service.
Our philosophy is built around our commitment to our employees, community and customers. We are committed to providing employees with opportunities for growth and development, as well as an environment where your ideas will help us drive our business and create a more meaningful employee experience.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
News 12 Long Island is looking for a Photographer-Editor/Truck Operator to shoot and/or edit video and/or operate live-transmission vehicles for news programs, live coverage, breaking news and other productions and promotions for all News 12 Services. This role will work independently or as part of a team to create pictures and sound which accurately and fairly represent the news, recording raw video and audio and turning it into finished product, or shooting live action suitable for distribution of the News 12 services. This position is accountable for maintaining assigned equipment, including news vehicles, cameras, lights, editors and peripheral gear and initiating repairs when necessary. In addition, this position will be responsible for editing video and audio material for distribution of the News 12 services, including segments or entire programs, drive news vehicles and/or live-transmission vehicles and operate production and transmission equipment. The freelance position is on-call as needed with fluctuating hours. Candidates must have a flexible schedule and be available to work various shifts with short notice at times.
* Associates or Bachelor s degree in Broadcasting or Communications preferred, Master s degree is a plus.
* Minimum of one year of experience in a television field production area.
* Should have basic knowledge of production equipment and computers as well as knowledge of news operations and practices.
* Must have the ability to communicate effectively and the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
* A flexible schedule with ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as well as a valid driver s license and a good driving record are required.
* Demos are required. Must enter link to demo reel under "web address/ demo reel" field on contact info page.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace..