Freelance Web Content Producer
FREELANCE WEB CONTENT PRODUCER
Requisition ID: 29890BR
Location: Woodbury, New York
Position Type: Temporary
A leading national telecommunications, media and entertainment company, Altice USA delivers residential and business services to more than 4.6 million total customers across 20 states. Our 18,000 employees have an unwavering commitment to customers and to providing quality products and outstanding service.
Our philosophy is built around our commitment to our employees, community and customers. We are committed to providing employees with opportunities for growth and development, as well as an environment where your ideas will help us drive our business and create a more meaningful employee experience.
News 12 Networks is the first, largest and most watched 24-hour local television news network in the country, with seven individual local news channels and five traffic and weather channels serving Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester, Hudson Valley, the Bronx, and Brooklyn.
The Web Producer plays a major role in the day-to-day execution of News 12's online, social media and Interactive TV news strategy, working to ensure the content is consistently updated and impactful to our viewers. The role combines acute attention to detail, rapid response, editorial judgment, creativity and consistent day-to-day execution and project-management responsibilities within a 24/7 news gathering operation.
The Web Content Producer will write news reports for the web and other digital media platforms and ensure editorial quality and compliance with journalistic standards. Use technology and innovation to deliver content that is thorough, accurate, relevant, and timely. Edit News 12 video content for processing and playback on the Web and On Demand Channel. Collaborate across multiple teams including reporters, producers, photographers, marketers, technologists, etc. Post News 12 content to social media platforms in an engaging manner that promotes participation by our viewers. Comply with digital publishing standards, including AP Style guidelines as well as other duties as assigned. The freelance position is on-call as needed with fluctuating hours. Candidates must have a flexible schedule and be available to work various shifts with short notice at times.
* Minimum of one-year experience as a news Producer or a news Associate Producer preferred.
* Knowledge of local and national current events, newsmakers, and issues as well as proficiency in news production equipment and computers is a must.
* Ability to perform many tasks simultaneously under pressure with exceptional news judgment as well as effective news writing, copy-editing ability for all platforms is required.
* Must have creative ability to identify problems and develop solutions with leadership ability and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Must be highly organized and possess time management skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace..