Freelance Writer NY1 News
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
Time Warner Cable
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Type: Part Time
Writes assigned stories, cuts video and sound bites and creates elements, including graphics and lower-thirds. Responsible for producing factual, clear, interesting news stories on deadline.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Writes copy
* Edits video & sound bites both for assigned stories and reporter live shots
* Watches local news and reads local newspapers to stay up to date on issues affecting our viewers
* Updates scripts as stories change
* Works closely with Producers, Executive Producers, Reporters and Assignment Desk to relay and receive information for stories
* Other duties as assigned.
* Must be able to work shifts as needed in a 24/7 newsroom including overnights, weekends, and holidays
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
* One year of experience working in news preferred.
* Bachelor s Degree, preferably in Journalism or related field
Time Warner Cable supports a drug-free environment and is EOE M/F/V/D.
More on TWC: Time Warner Cable reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
FCC Unit: NWNYC
Controlling Establishment ID: 00112 - NYC 9th Ave
Job Code: TWCNWR120 Writer Nonexempt