Freight Brokerage Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are seeking a seasoned and successful Freight Brokerage Manager to provide daily oversight and support of production operations. The position is responsible for ensuring accuracy and on-time delivery of customer orders. Individual will work directly with providers to generate low cost solutions for clients.
This position reports directly to the Vice President of Operations.
It is mandatory that candidate exhibits a history of successfully managing Freight Brokerage Operations in a regulatory compliant manner. Additionally, candidate must exhibit their ability to:
* Quickly comprehend and utilize third party transportation management and customer software.
* Operate the business unit within budget guidelines. P ensuring load moves are conducted in accordance with schedule and expectation.
* Track, administer, and promote employee incentive programs.
* Develop and maintain Operations KPI's.
* Daily follow-up of documentation discrepancies, which requires the ability to troubleshoot and communicate effectively, verbal and written, with current clients.
* Establish the environment to promote on-the-job-learning and development of team members.
* Establish career planning and progression for team members.
* Computer proficiency in MS Office tools (Excel, Word, & PowerPoint)
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent time management and organizational skills.
* Exhibits and utilizes interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
* Ability to multi-task in an organized and efficient manner.
* Ability to review and comprehend P performing operational adjustments to meet Company financial expectations.
* Beneficial if candidate has experience and relationships in business development.
* Preferred that candidate possesses a Diploma/Degree in Business, Logistics or related field.
* Required 5+ years of experience in managing a transportation management brokerage firm.
* CTB certificate preferred.