Front Desk Agent (Part Time)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
To ensure appropriate checking in and checking out of guests and providing services to these guests in a courteous, professional and engaging manner.
* To be thoroughly acquainted with all check-in and check-out procedures and policies.
* To be thoroughly acquainted with the AM and PM checklist.
* To be a main liaison between guest and the hotel.
* To appropriately protect confidential guest information and guest room key access according to front office SOP s.
* To be thoroughly acquainted with Ideal Services Operator duties.
* Be familiar with the Phone and Alarm System in the Ideal Services Operator department.
* Be familiar with guest scenarios and follow-up on all guest requests and concerns, effectively adhering to the service recovery process.
* To be thoroughly knowledgeable of all Front Office, Guest Services and Ideal Services Moments of Service scenarios, and execute to standard.
* Be familiar with all systems and equipments as related to the Front Office (Opera, GoConcierge, Synergy, SALTO, Two-Way Radio Dispatch, ISD Firepanel).
* Be familiar with all hotel rate plans and rate codes, understanding rate strategy when making rate changes for guests.
* Be familiar with all hotel amenities (to include Wireless Internet, Select Guest Program, GHA Discovery, Laundry Services, and Omni Kids Program).
* To be familiar with all hotel facilities (F&B outlets, Business Center, Fitness Center, Outdoor Pool, Meeting Space, Parking Garage).
* To be familiar with the inter-relationship between the different departments (to include Ideal Services, Guest Services, Housekeeping, F&B outlets, Banquets, Sales, Engineering and Purchasing).
* To be familiar with local attractions and businesses.
* Understand and perform cash handling processes.
* Understand the importance of our Medallia scores.
* Maintain Four Diamond Standards of guest service.
* Proper phone etiquette; answering the phone with a smile in your voice.
* Aid guests in locating other areas of the hotel (walk them to destination if possible).
* Familiarity with parking procedures.
* Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions; complete safety training and certifications.
* Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure clean uniform and professional personal appearance; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
* Be pleasant, smile and greet all guests, using surnames when obtained.
* Be actively engaged with our guests. Identify the needs of our guests and meet these needs, aiming to exceed expectations at every opportunity.
* Deliver personalized, memorable guest experiences by utilizing the Power of One.
* Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by Front Office Management.
* Minimum 1 year customer service experience required, preferably in a hotel/resort environment.
* Previous cash handling experience required.
* Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone.
* Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into computer systems.
* Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department.
* Ability to compute accurate mathematical calculations
* Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions with strong problem solving skills.
* Ability to prioritize and follow up on guest requests and concerns.
* Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with many arrivals and departures within a short period of time.
* Developed computer proficiencies, OPERA experience a plus.
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
* Maintain professional appearance offering a warm greeting and experience to all guests.
* Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays.
* Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 20 pounds without assistance. Stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift. Requires repetitive motion, including utilizing telephone/computer for an extended period or for an entire shift.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: