Front End Application Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 11/28/2016
The Associated Press
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Associated Press is seeking a Front End Application Developer.
Join an innovative and talented team of developers responsible for creating web-based applications featuring videos, award-winning photos, graphics and breaking news stories. As a front-end application developer you will participate in the development of new and existing software projects in the technology department at The Associated Press in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are seeking an applicant who is bright, imaginative, and a capable technologist for a dynamic environment with a challenging mix of projects and technologies.
* Writing stable, production quality, well-organized and fully documented code independently or as part of a team
* Produce passing unit tests for all code delivered.
* Responsible for writing test notes for QA, handing over working software to QA, and working with the QA engineers to jointly accomplish sprint goals.
* Maintaining and supporting multiple simultaneous projects and deadlines
* Recording work progress on a weekly basis
* Authoring Technical Documentation
* Exploring and evaluating new technologies for potential use on projects
* Using Agile methodology, participate in daily scrums and regular meetings with users to demonstrate progress of deliverables.
* Ability to complete all phases of software development life cycle including analysis, design, functionality, testing and support
* Ability to develop large scale web/database applications
* Ability to work on multiple projects with multiple deadlines
* Excellent coding, debugging and problem solving skills
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both written and verbal
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS, SASS and Foundation
* Demonstrated experience developing complex web-based User Interfaces utilizing AJAX, knowledge of DOM methods and properties, and cross-browser development techniques
* Extensive experience with UI rendering based on user requirements and PhotoShop mock-ups
* Strong understanding and experience with security best practices as related to web development
* Proficient in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2/2012/2014
* Experience in developing .NET C# applications, Windows Services, WCF Services, SOAP, REST Services and WebAPI.
* Familiarity with source control tools like TFS, SVN, GitHub and Beanstalk.
* Experience with Amazon cloud services (AWS) is plus
* Resourceful and able to search online for solutions and code samples
* Creative, innovative with an eagerness to learn and share ideas
* Minimum of 5 years experience developing front end with Microsoft .NET technologies including, C#, MVC, ASP.Net, IIS, MS SQL Server
* Minimum of 1 years experience using noSQL db (Mongo DB), Amazon Web Services or similar cloud SaaS, IaaS, Paas, Web Sockets (SignalR), Socket IO, NodeJS
* Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or related fields
* Testing using NUnit, MSTest, MTM etc.
The Associated Press is the essential global news network, delivering fast, unbiased news from every corner of the world to all media platforms and formats. Founded in 1846, AP today is the largest and most trusted source of independent news and information. On any given day more than half the world's population sees news from AP.
AP seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with applicable nondiscrimination laws.