Front - Line Production Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONFull-time - Junior - Automotive
* 3 - 5 yrs manufacturing supervision in a Foundry production environment
* 3 - 5 yrs Experience supervising a labor force
* Green Sand Experience
* 5S and lean principal training. Root cause analysis and elimination
* Experience with JIT manufacturing pactices
* Microsoft Office tools Excellent written and oral communications
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
This position will interface with other production supervisors and provide direction and guidance to the hourly workforce
* Maintain attendance infractions at an acceptable level.
* Maintain all equipment in this area in conjunction with Maintenance. Work orders are to be filled out and turned in to Maintenance for required repairs.
* Directly responsible for process sheets being used on all jobs.
* Order all material to efficiently operate this area, pending approval of the Foundry Manager.
* Turn in completed production, downtime, sign-off, and manning report sheets at the end of each shift.
* Investigate all employees' accidents, and fill out an 5 why root cause accident reports.
* Fill out employee status change form the same day requested for transfers, pay increases, vacations, disciplinary action and employee separation from employment.
* Cover in detail the new employee orientation sheet with newly hired employees, and return sheet to shift superintendent.
* Participate in all safety and quality group meetings.
* Audit tooling by inspection of the tooling prior to production, and filling out the tooling work request form when tooling is unfit for production.
* Audit employees' performance throughout the shift to insure they are performing within the guidelines set up in the Operations Procedures. Take corrective measures where appropriate.