Front Office Accounting Professional
A leading Fortune 500 company that offers services to select domestic and international financial markets is seeking an individual who can get involved with all Finance, Accounting and Operational responsibilities across the firm. This role works closely with Trading, Trade Settlements and Clearance.
* Daily responsibility of preparing and reconciliation of back office records
* Perform month-end close procedures, including journal entries
* Interact daily with trading and financing desk to resolve any trade issues
* Responsible for daily FINRA Trace Reporting and month-end analysis
* Prepare detailed monthly funding analysis for senior management
* Analyze inventory pricing daily, MBS interest and ad-hoc analysis
* Work with independent auditors to ensure compliance with financial reporting requirements
* BS or BA required in Finance or Accounting, CPA and/or MBA a plus.
* Proficient Excel skills (including Pivot Tables and data management)
* 2-3years of finance and /or accounting experience
* Strong understanding of the P&L and Balance Sheet of a Broker/Dealer
* Understanding of trade transaction flow from the trade to reconciliation to general leger posting
* Knowledge of financial analysis, accounting, operational control
* Knowledge of regulatory reporting requirements of a Broker Dealer