Front Office Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 25363-58739
The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician solution for the Hospital Corporation of America. PSG makes it easier for physicians to practice medicine by reducing the burdens of managing an independent practice and infusing the best clinical and operational standards in every office. With 13,000 employees that work in more than 790 practices across 21 states, PSG is leading the way by delivering high quality, cost effective health care in communities across the country.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with the nation's largest private provider of healthcare services.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsibilities include all front office functions including patient relations, appointment scheduling, telephone duties, patient registration, insurance verification, handling medical records, filing, cashiering, and computer work.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Work at the reception desk, answer phones, greet and communicate with patients and providers.
2. Scheduling, canceling, and rescheduling patient appointments.
3. Checking in patients and properly documenting registration.
4. Insurance verification and verification of patient demographics.
5. Filing and retrieving medical records/files.
6. Copying and faxing duties.
7. Collecting co-pays and cash from patients, getting authorization on credit cards.
8. Entering charges, payments, and balancing the day in the computer.
9. Perform other duties as required.
10. Must read, understand, and adhere to all HealthONE Physician Care policies and procedures.
11. Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct and Mission and Value Statement.
* Knowledge of basic office equipment including copier, fax machine, and computer.
* Skill in dealing with interpersonal issues and customer relations.
* Ability to handle multiple priorities at once with minimal supervision.
* Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions.
* Ability to organize and communicate clearly.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient and employee information.
* One to three years of experience is preferred in a medical office setting.
High School Diploma/GED
Last Edited: 08/31/2016